Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Odd Phenomenons in Utah?

Odd Phenomenons in Utah?

I was wondering if any one knew of any places in Utah where weird crap happens... like strange "alien" lights in the sky, or whatever.

Coming from Arizona, I heard of a couple places like that... but never got the chance. So, now that I'm in Utah... I was wondering if there are any places of that sorts here?

Anyone?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

you need to jump one state to the west.
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jbdavies View Post
    I was wondering if any one knew of any places in Utah where weird crap happens... like strange "alien" lights in the sky, or whatever.

Coming from Arizona, I heard of a couple places like that... but never got the chance. So, now that I'm in Utah... I was wondering if there are any places of that sorts here?

Anyone?
    Utah State House? some strange things happen up there in February.

Tom

Bogley BigShot
    Like this?

The city that he just left is Cedar City, Utah, but in just a few moments he will reach a place six miles down Route 14, a place that's six miles into.... The Twilight Zone...

Gerry Irwin was a Nike missile technician at Fort Bliss in El Paso, Texas. On February 28, 1959, he was driving back from Nampa, Idaho, where he had been on leave. At Cedar City, Utah, he turned southeast on Route 14. About six mile from the turnoff, he spotted a glowing object that seemed to come to earth in a field just off the road. Thinking he had seen an airplane crash, or at least a forced landing, he stopped to see if he could give assistance. He wrote a note and placed it on the steering wheel of his car: Have gone to investigate possible plane crash. Please call law enforcement officers.

Then, he wrote STOP in large letters on the side of his car.

About thirty minutes later, a fish and game inspector stopped. He took the note to the Cedar City Sheriff's Office, and Sheriff Otto Pfief gathered a party of volunteers and returned to the site. When they searched, they found no trace of a plane crash, but they found Private Gerry Irwin unconscious in the field. Ninety minutes had passed since he had first seen the glowing object.

Irwin was taken to the hospital in Cedar City, where a Dr. Broadbent could find nothing physically wrong with him. Irwin was merely asleep, and could not be awakened! Dr. Broadbent could find no explanation for this, so his diagnosis was "hysteria", meaning that his condition could not be attributed to any organic disease.

more...

http://ufoexperiences.blogspot.com/2...rry-irwin.html

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Dugway is becoming the new Area 51. Head into the west desert and you'll see all sorts of interesting items. Just don't wander out into the Dugway desert as you may not come back out.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Quote Originally Posted by theking648 View Post
    you need to jump one state to the west.
    Haha. Yeah... I prefer to stay in state... if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by tanya View Post
    Like this?

The city that he just left is Cedar City, Utah, but in just a few moments he will reach a place six miles down Route 14, a place that's six miles into.... The Twilight Zone...

Gerry Irwin was a Nike missile technician at Fort Bliss in El Paso, Texas. On February 28, 1959, he was driving back from Nampa, Idaho, where he had been on leave. At Cedar City, Utah, he turned southeast on Route 14. About six mile from the turnoff, he spotted a glowing object that seemed to come to earth in a field just off the road. Thinking he had seen an airplane crash, or at least a forced landing, he stopped to see if he could give assistance. He wrote a note and placed it on the steering wheel of his car: Have gone to investigate possible plane crash. Please call law enforcement officers.

Then, he wrote STOP in large letters on the side of his car.

About thirty minutes later, a fish and game inspector stopped. He took the note to the Cedar City Sheriff's Office, and Sheriff Otto Pfief gathered a party of volunteers and returned to the site. When they searched, they found no trace of a plane crash, but they found Private Gerry Irwin unconscious in the field. Ninety minutes had passed since he had first seen the glowing object.

Irwin was taken to the hospital in Cedar City, where a Dr. Broadbent could find nothing physically wrong with him. Irwin was merely asleep, and could not be awakened! Dr. Broadbent could find no explanation for this, so his diagnosis was "hysteria", meaning that his condition could not be attributed to any organic disease.

more...

http://ufoexperiences.blogspot.com/2...rry-irwin.html
    Yeah... stuff kinda like that. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
    Dugway is becoming the new Area 51. Head into the west desert and you'll see all sorts of interesting items. Just don't wander out into the Dugway desert as you may not come back out.
    Are we even aloud out there? That's a huge plot of testing grounds.

Cuberant Basin, a place I have been to, has some interesting published history. It is famous for one of the most notorious Big Foot sightings in all of Utah. I have gone there twice, and seen some not normal shiz if you know what I mean. I have full on witnesses to the events and things I saw out there. I never saw "The Dude", but what I saw and what happened was not normal for a wilderness experience. And trust me, I have been all over the place. We hit a pond in the basin exploring it for the first time there in 2009, and as we entered the ponds meadow, find a half eaten deer leg, meat still on it pretty fresh laying in the grass. It still had a lot of meat on it, and it was pretty fresh. We also saw on our way up to the next pond, was what looked to be the largest "hair ball" I have even seen laying in the meadow. All four of us got a pretty strange feeling being there, like we were being watched, and we moved on to the next pond quickly. Other than that, my 2009 trip was uneventful. In 2010 I traveled there with ibenick in September 2010. We fished right after we pitched camp and caught a couple and roped them up to clean them later for dinner. As it got dark, Nick's dog got agitated at something s/sw of camp, and Nick hit the brights on the headlamp and we could see two sets up eyes just up from camp. My first instinct was deer, but they moved quite weird for deer, and they were for sure looking right at us. I wandered towards them to try to get a reaction and they dispersed west from camp and were gone. Not too spooky, but not your normal encounter with wildlife. As the evening went on, the second half of our party showed up and we all got settled in. Me and Nick decided fish for breakfast would be good, so I went down and tied off the fish in the line so they could not wiggle off in the middle of the night. The next morning, the fish were gone, but the rope was still stuck in the shore, but the knot was undone and the fish were gone. If it were a predator up there, and they took the fish, the rope would have gone with them. Not saying what took them, but it would have to be hands that undid that rope. Whomever or whatever took them was like saying, "thanks for the fish," and put my stringer right back where it was, like being courteous. Maybe fish bandits, who knows, but makes you go Hmmm for sure thinking about it. Nothing other than that occurred on that trip FYI.

This sighting in 1977 made all the local news. This below was the article in the Ogden- Standard Examiner:

Thursday, August 25, 1977
    8 Hikers Spot Elusive 'Bigfoot' In High Uinta's

By Bert Strand Outdoor Editor
    Standard-Examiner (Ogden, Utah)

Two North Ogden men and six young companions said today they watched a "gorilla-like" creature in the High Uintah Mountains that matched reports of 'Big Foot."

Jay Barker, who has hunted big game animals for years in the area, said the creature was estimated at being 10 feet tall.

He said it was covered with a white mantle of hair over its shoulders and half-way down its huge body.

The lower portion of the creature was dark colored, said Mr. Barker who said after it spotted his party it ambled off on its hind legs.

HIKES TO RIDGE

Mr. Barker and his two sons Brent, 12, and Danny, 6, had hiked to the top of the ridge between Pass Lake and Cuberant Basin at the head of Weber River drainage.

They reached the top of the ridge at noon Monday and made contact with Larry Beeson, and his three sons, Scott, 14, Michael, 11, David, 5, and Paul, 14.

About that time, they looked down upon a small alpine lake about one half mile below them and saw the creature standing on its edge.

CREATURE TURNS

At first, Mr. Barker thought he was looking at an elk. Then the creature turned to look up at the party after a couple of the boys had knocked rocks loose that rolled.

"What are we looking at?" said an amazed Mr. Beeson as the creature turned and walked off on its hind legs.

Mr. Barker said the distance was too far to get a good look at the creature's face, but he said it moved through scattered trees, turning its head back to look at them from time to time.

FOUR MINUTES

He said they watched it for some four minutes while it covered about one half mile through the scattered trees and then disappeared into heavy timber.

Startled and almost dumbfounded, the group stared. "That thing is standing on two legs," said one member of the amazed party as they looked.

Mr. Barker said the party went down to where they had seen the creature after it disappeared. They found "paw-like" imprints in the earth, but the ground was too hard and dry to leave a clear imprint.

He said the paw mark was "huge" and resembled that made by a palm and toes. The party followed the path of the creature to the timber and found other scruff marks on the rocks and in the dry ground and grass.

HEAVY TIMBER

Mr. Barker said the group thought better about following the hairy creature into the heavy timber.

Excited and unable to sleep, Mr. Barker said he and his boys were too tired after their experience to make the return trip of over six miles back to their camper near Pass Lake.

They spent Monday night huddled about a campfire at Fish Lake near where the creature had been seen and came out Tuesday.

Mr. Barker estimated the elevation of the small lake where the creature was seen at about 12,000 feet. It was above the timber line.

SHEEP SCARED

He also said a sheepherder in the Gold Hills area below, Arlo Fawcett of Roy, reported he has been unable to get his sheep to stay in the area where the creature was seen.

Mr. Fawcett reportedly said he would take his sheep into the area to graze, and they would beat him back to camp, apparently filled with fear.

The herder also said its the first summer this has happened. Its also the first summer that he has failed to see or hear coyotes in the area.

Utah wildlife officials, informed of the incident, said they will ride into the area on horses to check the area.

FITS GRIZZLY

Jerry Dahlberg, conservation officer, northern region, Utah Division of Wildlife Resources, when informed of the creature, said the description fits a grizzly bear "to a T," all except walking upright for such a long distance.

Officer Dahlberg says he plans a horseback trip into the area over the Labor Day weekend.

Mr. Beeson said when they reached the area where the hairy creature was seen, they found the carcass of a rabbit that had been completely "skinned as by a human" and partially eaten.

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    Utah State House? some strange things happen up there in February.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nebz View Post
    Cuberant Basin, a place I have been to, has some interesting published history. It is famous for one of the most notorious Big Foot sightings in all of Utah. I have gone there twice, and seen some not normal shiz if you know what I mean. I have full on witnesses to the events and things I saw out there. I never saw "The Dude", but what I saw and what happened was not normal for a wilderness experience. And trust me, I have been all over the place. We hit a pond in the basin exploring it for the first time there in 2009, and as we entered the ponds meadow, find a half eaten deer leg, meat still on it pretty fresh laying in the grass. It still had a lot of meat on it, and it was pretty fresh. We also saw on our way up to the next pond, was what looked to be the largest "hair ball" I have even seen laying in the meadow. All four of us got a pretty strange feeling being there, like we were being watched, and we moved on to the next pond quickly. Other than that, my 2009 trip was uneventful. In 2010 I traveled there with ibenick in September 2010. We fished right after we pitched camp and caught a couple and roped them up to clean them later for dinner. As it got dark, Nick's dog got agitated at something s/sw of camp, and Nick hit the brights on the headlamp and we could see two sets up eyes just up from camp. My first instinct was deer, but they moved quite weird for deer, and they were for sure looking right at us. I wandered towards them to try to get a reaction and they dispersed west from camp and were gone. Not too spooky, but not your normal encounter with wildlife. As the evening went on, the second half of our party showed up and we all got settled in. Me and Nick decided fish for breakfast would be good, so I went down and tied off the fish in the line so they could not wiggle off in the middle of the night. The next morning, the fish were gone, but the rope was still stuck in the shore, but the knot was undone and the fish were gone. If it were a predator up there, and they took the fish, the rope would have gone with them. Not saying what took them, but it would have to be hands that undid that rope. Whomever or whatever took them was like saying, "thanks for the fish," and put my stringer right back where it was, like being courteous. Maybe fish bandits, who knows, but makes you go Hmmm for sure thinking about it. Nothing other than that occurred on that trip FYI.
    Wow. That's kind of intense. Haha. I've never witnessed anything like that before. I wanna go out there with nightvision! Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by jbdavies View Post
    Wow. That's kind of intense. Haha. I've never witnessed anything like that before. I wanna go out there with nightvision! Haha.
    Yeah, I have seen a lot of weird shiz in my day, but these events were just "puzzling." I am not sure I want to know what was out there. It might have put a damper on our trip. And we had a great time that weekend. I will go back, never felt that menacing feeling in Cuberant like I got from Grizzly's wandering in and out of our area in Denali, but for sure made you go WTF.

Those eyes were a lot creepier than you gave them credit, Nebz. At first sighting they were pretty much in our camp as we walked back in from pumping. We followed them into the woods for a good distance, at least a few hundred feet, if not more. They would disappear and then reappear. One set was tall and one set was short. We got close enough to them that I absolutely swear I could see beyond them but I could never see a figure. That happened a couple of times while we were in 'pursuit'. Creeped me the f*$k out. So glad I wasn't solo for that experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    I remember a few years ago when one of the senators got the boner of the week award from the radio station x96 for comments and ideas that he broadcast during the February BS session.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nebz View Post
    Yeah, I have seen a lot of weird shiz in my day, but these events were just "puzzling." I am not sure I want to know what was out there. It might have put a damper on our trip. And we had a great time that weekend. I will go back, never felt that menacing feeling in Cuberant like I got from Grizzly's wandering in and out of our area in Denali, but for sure made you go WTF.
    Should go back with nightvision! Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by ibenick View Post
    Those eyes were a lot creepier than you gave them credit, Nebz. At first sighting they were pretty much in our camp as we walked back in from pumping. We followed them into the woods for a good distance, at least a few hundred feet, if not more. They would disappear and then reappear. One set was tall and one set was short. We got close enough to them that I absolutely swear I could see beyond them but I could never see a figure. That happened a couple of times while we were in 'pursuit'. Creeped me the f*$k out. So glad I wasn't solo for that experience.
    I read about that on your blog/site/thing. Pretty creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by ibenick View Post
    Oh, I totally agree, they were spooky. I was expecting them to be deer, but when they moved, it is like they were playing with us. A deer is not going to play with a human being. I guess I had written them off as a deer or something, until I saw a you tube video of a deer's eyes caught by a headlamp. These were far too bright and moved too fast for them to be deer. I am not sure what they were, but it is one of those things that I will never forget. I know when Colin, Chris and Muskie showed up, I was really glad we had a few more people and dogs in camp. I still want to know what happened to our fish. For sure something going on out there. "What" is going on out there is anybody's guess, but I know I have had some strange experiences in that basin 2 years in a row.

Two of my favorite resources on the subject:
    Lost Landscapes: Utah's Ghosts, Mysterious Creatures, and Aliens - Linda Dunning
    Mystery's and Legends of Utah: True Stories of the Unsolved and Unexplained - Michael O'reilly

Awesome stories. I almost wish I had a personal experience like that but I'd probably go crazy and never make it out of there.

Quote Originally Posted by ExpUt View Post
    Mystery's and Legends of Utah: True Stories of the Unsolved and Unexplained - Michael O'reilly
    I picked it up. In my mind the author reaches quite a bit on several of the stories, struggles getting facts straight, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ExpUt View Post
    Two of my favorite resources on the subject:
    Lost Landscapes: Utah's Ghosts, Mysterious Creatures, and Aliens - Linda Dunning
    I might snag these off Amazon. There are some interested related books too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.ht...reative=390957

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    I might snag these off Amazon. There are some interested related books too.

The Mike O'reilly book looks a bit more interesting. There is a lot of unexplained stuff out there.

I've heard weird things happen in Skull Valley. I can't speak much on it personally though
    "an eye for an eye will make the whole world blind" - Gandhi