Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Odd Phenomenons in Utah?

My son and I were camping in Comb Wash earlier this year and one night we were sitting by the fire after dinner and doing some stargazing. We saw two lights in the sky that could have potentially been UFO's. We saw one and then another near it after about 10 minutes. They were red lights about the size of a plane, but they were moving very quickly and erratically. Up, down, forward, backward, all over the place. I've never seen flight patterns like that before. Whether it was UFO's or not, I can't say for sure, but it was definitely one of the weirdest things I've seen before.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

An old boss of mine says he was face to face with something huge and hairy that was crouching down on its knees one night while camping. It wasn't Cuberant or the Uintas, but it was around Little Deer Creek, I guess.

He thinks it was Cain.

Personally, I've seen some strange lights in the sky, west of Utah Lake. Formations of them. They were red and would disappear and reappear, making a long chain extending diagonally (from my perspective in Slate Canyon) upward toward the south.

Having been around aircraft since my youth (Father is a pilot), the lights didn't seem to resemble anything I'd seen before and they weren't moving in a manner that was consistent with "our" aircraft.

Kind of cool, but nothing like what I saw outside of Spokane, WA one night...
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

This is not first person, so it probably doesn't count, but it happened to a friend of mine who I trusted back then.
    He was driving from Mexican Hat through monument valley around 2am, and all of a sudden one of the monuments was illuminated, completely and evenly, he was several miles from it. He started to pull over and discovered a pick up truck with an elderly couple from phoenix checking it out too. So the three of them watched it for about 1/2 hour, then it turned off.

The Utah Legislature this past July decided to legalize fireworks that have always been deemed very very illegal and bootlegged from that heathen state to the northeast...you know who you are.

I thought that was a very odd phenomenon...
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    The Utah Legislature this past July decided to legalize fireworks that have always been deemed very very illegal and bootlegged from that heathen state to the northeast...you know who you are.

I thought that was a very odd phenomenon...
    indeed, who would have thought they would use their heads for once. now kids are lighting them off in the streets instead of the dry mountains.
    Customizable Adult & Kids shirts, onesies, and More
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/CheaperThanShirt

Quote Originally Posted by LOAH View Post
    An old boss of mine says he was face to face with something huge and hairy that was crouching down on its knees one night while camping. It wasn't Cuberant or the Uintas, but it was around Little Deer Creek, I guess.

He thinks it was Cain.
    Where is Little Deer Creek? Over in Heber?

It is a common thing here in Utah to reference Sasquatch as Cain from biblical tales. I am pretty sure if he exists, he was here long before the Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nebz View Post
    It is a common thing here in Utah to reference Sasquatch as Cain from biblical tales. I am pretty sure if he exists, he was here long before the Bible.
    Technically Cain was there long before the Bible was published too

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Ahh, duly noted.

I'll brush up on my Cain research!

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    According to LDS.net, In the book of Jasher, It says that Cain was killed by his own grandson. He was out hunting and he saw Cain in the distance and thought he was a beast so he shot him with his bow and arrow; killing him.

So not sure if I am buying the Cain theory. I think since I like scientific research for documenting animal species, and the Bigfoot Phenomenon has been ruled out as mass hysteria because of all the other evidence supporting further research, that we are dealing with a very elusive, very intelligent primate species undocumented. We find about 15,000 new species every year on the planet. That means the probability with the evidence that has been collected that Sasquatch exists is really high. My conclusion is based on the numbers and probability, and my own personal experiences here in the Uintas and in the Mt Hood National Forest. I can reasonably say It will not be surprising if they are proven real.

I thought this transcript of Dr Jane Goodall, the worlds foremost expert on Chimpanzee's, the closest primate in DNA to a human being, to be interesting to say the least. Here is a transcript of her on NPR:

On Friday, September 27, 2002, during National Public Radio's (NPR) Talk of the Nation: Science Friday with Ira Flatow, Dr. Jane Goodall made a striking comment on her strong beliefs that large "undiscovered" primates, such as the Yeti or Sasquatch, do indeed exist.
    The following is a transcript of the relevant portion of the program:
    Dr. Goodall: As for the other, you're talking about a yeti or bigfoot or sasquatch.
    Ira Flatow: Is that what he's talking about?
    Dr. Goodall: Yes, it is and ...
    Ira Flatow: Is that the message I'm missing here?
    Dr. Goodall: I think that's the message you're missing and ...
    Ira Flatow: (To the caller) Is that right?
    Caller: Pretty much.
    Ira Flatow: (Laughing) I'm out of the loop. Go ahead.
    Dr. Goodall: Well now, you'll be amazed when I tell you that I'm sure that they exist.
    Ira Flatow: You are?
    Dr. Goodall: Yeah. I've talked to so many Native Americans who all describe the same sounds, two who have seen them. I've probably got about, oh, thirty books that have come from different parts of the world, from China from, from all over the place, and there was a little tiny snippet in the newspaper just last week which says that British scientists have found what they believed to be a yeti hair and that the scientists in the Natural History Museum in London couldn't identify it as any known animal.
    Ira Flatow: Wow.
    Dr. Goodall: That was just a wee bit in the newspaper and, obviously, we have to hear a little bit more about that.
    Ira Flatow: Well, in this age of DNA, if you find a hair there might be some cells on it.
    Dr. Goodall: Well, there will be and I'm sure that's what they've examined and they don't match up. That's what my little tiny snippet says. They don't match up with DNA cells from known animals, so -- apes.
    Ira Flatow: Did you always have this belief that there., that they, that they existed?
    Dr. Goodall: Well, I'm a romantic, so I always wanted them to exist. (Chuckles.)
    Ira Flatow: (To the caller) Alright?
    Caller: Thank you.

Nebz, this may be a different thing entirely but on the news the other night I saw a thing on the "skunk ape" that is in the mountains above Florida. Appalachins I think (My geography for that area isn't the best).

It has a striking resemblance to some "big foot" photos that I have seen before. Anyways, I also googled skunk ape after I saw the program and got some good stuff. I just wonder if this is related.... or even a legitimate thing ... etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dmMatrix View Post
    Nebz, this may be a different thing entirely but on the news the other night I saw a thing on the "skunk ape" that is in the mountains above Florida. Appalachins I think (My geography for that area isn't the best).

It has a striking resemblance to some "big foot" photos that I have seen before. Anyways, I also googled skunk ape after I saw the program and got some good stuff. I just wonder if this is related.... or even a legitimate thing ... etc.
    The Skunk Ape is the south east US version of Sasquatch. There is a ton of evidence for this as well. The movie "Legend Of Boggy Creek" was based on an encounter with a Skunk Ape in Arkansas. I think they are related and it is interesting the hear the history down in the swamps and mountains down there. I think it is as legitimate as any encounter in the Rockies or the PNW.

The Skunk Ape is the south east US version of Sasquatch. There is a ton of evidence for this as well. The movie "Legend Of Boggy Creek" was based on an encounter with a Skunk Ape in Arkansas. I think they are related and it is interesting the hear the history down in the swamps and mountains down there. I think it is as legitimate as any encounter in the Rockies or the PNW.
    Oh cool, that makes sense. I need to look into this more. Pretty sweet topic.

I love reading about Bigfoot related experiences. The Skunk Ape concept is interesting, and on wikipedia it mentions the Skunk Ape Letter

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skunk_ape

The contents of the letter are interesting:

And then I can't help but ask myself a few things. Why the hell would this elderly woman want the police to come take care of the animal, but expect them to know which anonymous house to show up to?

What was the rush in scanning the document? Why is it crooked like that? To build authenticity? Oh, and a couple of smudges on the paper help too.

It's like those toothpaste commercials where the dentist is at his desk, and the camera appears to be hidden as if it's a "top secret" interview and the dentist is divulging information he wouldn't have if he'd known the camera was there..... You see a paper weight in part of the frame or some bullshit. How stupid are we?

Every year when we would go elk hunting up in the uintas behind my grandfather's home in mountain home. We had a elk camp set up on the border of the indian reservation. There is a big rock outcropping that serves as a perfect spot to glass these small ponds and meadows with a creek below for elk. Our grandfather would never let us go up there. One year, being rebellious and young, I went up there, arriving well before sunrise a few days before the hunt opening. I got back to camp and when my grandpa found out where I'd been he went total batshit. He proceeded to tell us about how when he was a boy up there with his dad they had been there all morning when they smelled something awful upwind and behind them. they also could hear the horse snorting and getting scared and they were more than 100 yards away. They both turned around and could make out something large and dark just in the shadows of the trees 70 yards behind them. My grandpa says it was standing next to a distinctive tree with a big bend. They watched it for 20 minutes and then my great grandfather stood up and this thing took a big step back but stayed. He pointed the rifle at it with the intent of looking at it through the scope. My grandpa said he could 'feel' this thing and that he and his dad were all creeped out and scared. These are big bad cowboy types and I've never seen my grandpa admit to being scared of anything before. Anyways this thing slowly turned around and backed into the shadows even more and they couldn't see it anymore. After about another 30 minutes they both felt like the thing had left. Another 30 minutes and they dared move back uphill towards the trail and the horses. I guess my grandpa was pretty worried about the horses because they were tethered 100 yards or so to the left or north of where they had seen this thing. When my grandfather asked my great-grandfather what he had seen in the scope he told him "Somethings are not meant for this world and cannot be explained" and that he was better off not knowing. When they reached the bent tree the bend was more than 7' off the ground and grandpa says this thing was taller than the bend.

My grandfather swears up and down that it's true. I believe him. He's not the type to lie or exaggerate. Salt of the earth kind of cowboy type. My brother and I went back up there a few years ago and looked at the tree. I was super freaked out being there and couldn't stop thinking about the story. I've never been back and even though it's a great elk perch it's just not worth it.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

What about skin walkers any cool stories anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by mattandersao View Post
    What about skin walkers any cool stories anyone?
    Ah, you are referring to shape shifters. I am not sure about that one. Not enough evidence on those to seek serious investigation like Bigfoot.

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    Every year when we would go elk hunting up in the uintas behind my grandfather's home in mountain home. We had a elk camp set up on the border of the indian reservation. There is a big rock outcropping that serves as a perfect spot to glass these small ponds and meadows with a creek below for elk. Our grandfather would never let us go up there. One year, being rebellious and young, I went up there, arriving well before sunrise a few days before the hunt opening. I got back to camp and when my grandpa found out where I'd been he went total batshit. He proceeded to tell us about how when he was a boy up there with his dad they had been there all morning when they smelled something awful upwind and behind them. they also could hear the horse snorting and getting scared and they were more than 100 yards away. They both turned around and could make out something large and dark just in the shadows of the trees 70 yards behind them. My grandpa says it was standing next to a distinctive tree with a big bend. They watched it for 20 minutes and then my great grandfather stood up and this thing took a big step back but stayed. He pointed the rifle at it with the intent of looking at it through the scope. My grandpa said he could 'feel' this thing and that he and his dad were all creeped out and scared. These are big bad cowboy types and I've never seen my grandpa admit to being scared of anything before. Anyways this thing slowly turned around and backed into the shadows even more and they couldn't see it anymore. After about another 30 minutes they both felt like the thing had left. Another 30 minutes and they dared move back uphill towards the trail and the horses. I guess my grandpa was pretty worried about the horses because they were tethered 100 yards or so to the left or north of where they had seen this thing. When my grandfather asked my great-grandfather what he had seen in the scope he told him "Somethings are not meant for this world and cannot be explained" and that he was better off not knowing. When they reached the bent tree the bend was more than 7' off the ground and grandpa says this thing was taller than the bend.

My grandfather swears up and down that it's true. I believe him. He's not the type to lie or exaggerate. Salt of the earth kind of cowboy type. My brother and I went back up there a few years ago and looked at the tree. I was super freaked out being there and couldn't stop thinking about the story. I've never been back and even though it's a great elk perch it's just not worth it.
    Wow, crazy story, but I am not surprised. The Uintas hold a lot more sightings than the world is aware of. Because a lot of people do not report their encounters. I am surprised the Finding Bigfoot people have not done an expedition out there. I hear Cold Water Canyon has a vivid history with Bigfoot as well.