Thread: Tuesday Rides in SLC

Tuesday Rides in SLC

Who wants to ride?
    What trails can we ride?
    When are we starting?
    Where next Tuesday after memorial...Bobsled?

Mr. T says so...
    Name:  mr-t-on-bike-wit&#104.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  49.9 KB

Name:  i_love_tuesdays_&#10.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  21.6 KB

Name:  tuesday5..jpg
Views: 235
Size:  138.3 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

never ridden the bobsled and I have the day off tuesday so count me in on this one. WAHOOOO!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Yeah I might be up for Bobsled this Tuesday. Hopefully the weather cooperates:

I am down in Salt Lake for a while, and I may actually be able to pull this off. I have never ridden Bobsled either, so I'm looking forward to it. Keep us posted.

I can't make it the day after memorial day but will be in for every Tuesday after that. I hope the weather works with you.
    So, Kid, you think you got what it takes to be a Punch King?

My buddy attempted to ride Bobsled on Saturday (before the rain started.....) and said it was a sloppy mess. This current rain surely has delayed its readiness. Is there a backup plan for tomorrow? I'm not terribly familiar with the trails down here so I don't know if there is one that is rideable after significant rain.....

Yeah I was worried about that too. The bobsled won't be ridable tomorrow for sure. I can't think of any other trails off the top of my head that wouldn't be muddy besides the Jordan River Parkway.

Usually we hit these lower elevation trails while the snow melts. With all the rain we might be hosed for tomorrow. I would maybe say Draper, but I bet it's the same story. Anybody have any other ideas?

You could probably ride from the city creek side in a North east direction that connects to dry creek. The bobsled is in the bottom of two canyons and it is pretty much a drainage. I rode this section earlier this year and I was just above the dry creek trail which took me to the twin peaks area and then I came back the same way.

maybe next tuesday or even a thursday ride this week to let it dry a day or so? I ended up riding the bench in Ogden on Fri morning before all the rain and the trail was dry and in great shape, I know it recovers fast and was thinking about maybe hitting it up tonight after a good day of sun drying things up.

Corner Canyon may be good to go Thursday with the predicted warm weather.
    Are we there yet?

corner canyon sounds pretty good....

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride View Post
    maybe next tuesday or even a thursday ride this week to let it dry a day or so? I ended up riding the bench in Ogden on Fri morning before all the rain and the trail was dry and in great shape, I know it recovers fast and was thinking about maybe hitting it up tonight after a good day of sun drying things up.
    Redspecialized and I rode the Ogden bench Saturday morning and the trail conditions were perfect. It is hard to get the SLC guys to drive north to ride what may be one of the few trails that is actually rideable at the moment. Even with the warmer temps and sunshine, there will be a lot of days ahead with run off on the majority of the trails including the shoreline area in Layton/ Kaysville.

I ended up just riding the BST from Hogle Zoo north. The trail was in great condition. I was by myself and had not ridden there before. Being slightly adventurous, I took some spur trails that led to some heinous climbs. I quickly determined that I'm not in shape for heinous climbs yet this year.......

yeah i am a little behind schedule on my mtn climbs also...As many road rides as I want to take I will still get my ass handed to me in the mtns.

Is anybody riding tomorrow?

Yes! Where is another question. Corner Canyon looks prime...
    So, Kid, you think you got what it takes to be a Punch King?