Thread: Just launched our new website. Check it out!

Just launched our new website. Check it out!

So we just revamped our company with a new website and logo. Would like some comments/criticism from any and everyone. You can click the link in my sig or just go to www.hamblinphoto.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Nice, I like the way you overpower the sun with lights in some of those(especially the sunset). I wish I was better at using OCF.

Very nice. I like the music too! Thanks for sharing.
    If you don't have anything nice to say....come and sit by me.

Dana & Thane @ Couchsurfing.org

Very nice!
    How can you have your non-dairy pudding substitute if you don't eat your wok-braised tofu?

Bogley BigShot
    Great! I might keep it on for a long time just to listen to that song! Family photos, wedding, etc... are the best!

Thanks for the compliments all! We are really pleased with the way it turned out.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk

Great photography! Website looks nice, but I'll be a downer and say that I personally really dislike music on any website or blog - the first thing I do is look for the "off" button. If I don't find it really quickly, I leave and never come back.

Can seniors that have photos taken by you use them as their yearbook photo? Those are really fantastic, and so much better than the lame-o stiff posed or downright cheesy senior portraits we had back in my day ('84).
    Sonya

Art & photography blog

Facebook Studio Page

"I lost my virginity, but I still have the box it came in"

Quote Originally Posted by canyonphile View Post
    Great photography! Website looks nice, but I'll be a downer and say that I personally really dislike music on any website or blog - the first thing I do is look for the "off" button. If I don't find it really quickly, I leave and never come back.

Can seniors that have photos taken by you use them as their yearbook photo? Those are really fantastic, and so much better than the lame-o stiff posed or downright cheesy senior portraits we had back in my day ('84).
    Thanks for visiting the site! I'm not sure if seniors are allowed to use the pic in the yearbook. It probably depends on the high school. Most of the seniors we shoot use the pics to send out with their graduation announcement.

looks awesome... so I'll start with the good. Amazing index page, the load times are faster then i expected and full page slideshow is The pictures are Stunning, you got the dark background which is great because it makes the colors pop.

but if you want me to be honest autoplay music is a big no-no. if you're not a band then don't play music. music is not the focus of the website.

on all 3 of my computers the menu bar is cut off at the bottom. might be better to flip it to the top... ya you are thinking out of the box by having it at the bottom but that makes people look for it, which is a bad thing and hard to do on a smart phone.

bump the letter-spacing, line-height, and maybe font-size up a little bit on the "investments page". it's all squished together, it's hard for me to read and find prices really fast.

ok here comes the hard pill to swallow... it's flash. not only does that kill load times but makes it mostly impossible to view your website on a phone. (i use my phone as much as my computers)
    if someone walked up to me and said "you have to checkout this awesome photography website" the first thing i would do is pull out my phone.

ajax and jquery would do the same as flash and would greatly improve load times.

if it makes you feel any better you can make fun of my website. I got half why through designing and building it then i got tied up with other projects. including another website that I'm launching in 12 days. as long as my ADD doesn't kick in

i'm about ready to check myself into domain rehab
    http://www.dnrehab.com/
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

Good looking site! Nicely done.

*The volume was difficult to find and below the fold on my 20" monitor.

I like it! The pics are huge and photos load times excellent. It's pretty well laid out and everything is easy to find. My 3 crits would be the music, menus, and lack of cell format (what Dave said). I actually didn't mind the autoplay music so much, but the song selections are atrocious, so if you picked decent music it wouldn't be so bad. But I seriously could not kill that song fast enough. The layout is good but the menus keep closing and are hard to navigate, maybe increase the delay on them so they stay open longer? I had trouble clicking through your different sections. For instance click on wedding galleries then go to Bridals section. How many times before you figure out you need to go exactly straight up until once you achieve the proper height then scroll over? So make them smaller and more vertical IMO.

It's a good site though don't get me wrong.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Another example if you're looking for good ideas. My friend James has a decent site up http://www.enchantedseniors.com/ It's very similar to yours with a couple minor differences IMO. You'll see right as you come in you can dictate cell or normal web format, the menus are much easier to navigate and his song selection is superb. It also has a kind of "message" it seems to convey. Which could be another thing yours might be lacking? Nice pictures + easy format + good message = WINNING.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket View Post
    Another example if you're looking for good ideas. My friend James has a decent site up http://www.enchantedseniors.com/ It's very similar to yours with a couple minor differences IMO. You'll see right as you come in you can dictate cell or normal web format, the menus are much easier to navigate and his song selection is superb. It also has a kind of "message" it seems to convey. Which could be another thing yours might be lacking? Nice pictures + easy format + good message = WINNING.
    Cool. I'll have to check it out. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket View Post
    No offense to your friend James, but i much prefer Deadeye's website to his.
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

Hahaaaa surely not :)