Thread: Anyone with iPhone plus Verizon?

Anyone with iPhone plus Verizon?

Thinking about upgrading from my non-Smart Phone to the iphone on Verizon. Curious what people think of it if they have it. How do you like the phone, web speed, etc?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    I would like to know how it performs in St George. I get to switch companies in August and thinking of the iphone maybe.
    Chere'

I have an iPhone on Verizon, and I love it. I also came from a non-smart phone. I've heard AT&T users say they couldn't handle not being able to surf and talk at the same time, but I've never been able to do both at the same time, so I didn't develop the habit! Honestly, I love the resources the phone gives me. The speed has always been great for me, and I've never wished I could surf and talk at the same time. I highly recommend the iPhone on Verizon.

Keith

I picked up the Verizon iPhone on day one. I love it. Data speeds are not as fast as AT&T but coverage is spectacular and the phone is awesome. I'm blown away by how many places I can connect and even get data. I was had service for almost the entire trip in The Maze, in Chesler Park, the Swell and many places in between. Haven't been through the St. George area with it though.

Yeah, I'm not too concerned with not talking and surfing the web simultaneously. If I really need to get info to someone I can always surf and then call them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent K25 View Post
    Yeah, I'm not too concerned with not talking and surfing the web simultaneously.
    I have AT&T/iPhone and I rarely use this feature.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I bought my 13 year old a VZW iPhone 4. Within three weeks, he dropped it and devastated the screen. I spent 2 hours at the Apple Store yesterday (what a zoo) and the screen can't be replaced, so for $199 + tax, I had to replace the phone. Be aware, the outer case on the iPhone4 is all glass and can't be repaired.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Yeah, I've read some similar stories...definitely will also be purchasing a hard case for it to try and prevent that.

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
    I bought my 13 year old a VZW iPhone 4. Within three weeks, he dropped it and devastated the screen. I spent 2 hours at the Apple Store yesterday (what a zoo) and the screen can't be replaced, so for $199 + tax, I had to replace the phone. Be aware, the outer case on the iPhone4 is all glass and can't be repaired.
    just curious if your 13-year-old's phone had a case and if the screen broke with it or if it didn't have a case. (i'm curious how often the break with a case)

I remember folks charging a bit from non-apple repair shops to replace the glass on the old iPhone (100+$) but you could also buy the materials and do it yourself (if you're into that sort of thing)

ifixit.com (great resource for apple products) has some descriptions on replacement.

front
    http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Repair/I...ssembly/3148/1

back
    http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Repair/I...r-Panel/3140/1

The Apple store has replaced two of my iPhones (3GS & my 4) when they got dropped and the screen shattered. They did it for FREE and saved me $400. I guess they knew I was a fan boy.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    The Apple store has replaced two of my iPhones (3GS & my 4) when they got dropped and the screen shattered. They did it for FREE and saved me $400. I guess they knew I was a fan boy.
    As in...phones you purchased from AT&T were taken care of at the Apple Store free of charge? How exactly did you go about swinging that deal?

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Yeah, I've read some similar stories...definitely will also be purchasing a hard case for it to try and prevent that.
    I gave him a hard case, but he had it off when he dropped it. He's now "REQUIRED" to keep it on..
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

I'm looking at upgrading my POS LG that randomly turns itself off for no reason to an IPhone 4. Verizon has a "certified pre-owned" 16GB one on their website for $150 (plus another two year ball and chain). My question is, what's the benefit of a 32GB phone other than storage space? The 32GB is $100 more and I'd really rather not have to spend the $150 in the first place. Thanks in advance.
    -Beau
    How can you have your non-dairy pudding substitute if you don't eat your wok-braised tofu?

The only difference is storage space.

The only difference is storage space.
    Cool. Thanks.
    How can you have your non-dairy pudding substitute if you don't eat your wok-braised tofu?