Thread: Bike Suggestions

Bike Suggestions

Have been riding my bike more lately and so I want to get an upgrade. I'm looking for a full suspension bike in the $600-$700 range. I would not be opposed to buying a used bike. Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

You can get some very good used bikes for that price range. How tall are you? Look for your frame size on the bike, that's overlooked a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    You can get some very good used bikes for that price range. How tall are you? Look for your frame size on the bike, that's overlooked a lot.
    I'm 5'11". I've been browsing the KSL classifieds that past little while.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Try to get a Large frame then.
    Will do.

Any particular components to look for? Or brands?

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye008 View Post
    Any particular components to look for? Or brands?
    Problem with looking for a specific brand is most brands make a high and low end. Specialized makes some great bikes, but also has some junkers out there. I love my Ellsworth, but I know you'll find 20 other people that will love 20 other brands.

Components are a bit easier to recommend. Check out this page. About half way down it gives the hierarchy for SRAM and Shimano components. I usually shoot for X.9 (SRAM) or XT (Shimano) when I'm shopping. That's the second tier stuff. The second tier is usually very good quality, but without the latest/greatest price tag.

Best advice - find a bike you like, then find a "friend" (someone who won't buy it before you do ), and ask them what they think. Seems like a lot of good people on here that could help.

Yeah, SRAM or Shimano will treat you right. If it's a major named brand, they'll usually have half decent components on them. You can always upgrade too, so the major things are frame size, design, disc brakes, and suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by guaps View Post
    Problem with looking for a specific brand is most brands make a high and low end. Specialized makes some great bikes, but also has some junkers out there. I love my Ellsworth, but I know you'll find 20 other people that will love 20 other brands.

Components are a bit easier to recommend. Check out this page. About half way down it gives the hierarchy for SRAM and Shimano components. I usually shoot for X.9 (SRAM) or XT (Shimano) when I'm shopping. That's the second tier stuff. The second tier is usually very good quality, but without the latest/greatest price tag.

Best advice - find a bike you like, then find a "friend" (someone who won't buy it before you do ), and ask them what they think. Seems like a lot of good people on here that could help.
    Thanks for the link and advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye008 View Post
    Thanks for the link and advice!

Post the bikes that you end up finding here and we'll give you some feedback. It has worked well for others that way.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Post the bikes that you end up finding here and we'll give you some feedback. It has worked well for others that way.
    That's a good idea. I'll do that for sure. Thanks!