Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BYU Football 2011

BYU Football 2011

I just started looking and schedules and doing some planning. Boy does BYU's schedule look exciting! I bet the season ticket holders are stoked!

Utah
    UCF (Central Florida)
    Utah State
    San Jose State
    Idaho State
    Idaho
    New Mexico State

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

By contrast, here is Utah's. Not a stellar home schedule, but WAY better then the kitties IMHO.

Montana State
    Washington
    Arizona State
    Oregon State
    UCLA
    Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    By contrast, here is Utah's. Not a stellar home schedule, but WAY better then the kitties IMHO.

Montana State
    Washington
    Arizona State
    Oregon State
    UCLA
    Colorado
    Utah's road schedule is even tougher. At least they'll have a win going into the Coliseum. They're gonna need something!! FIght On!!!
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

Classy way to start a thread. Typical Yewt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent K25 View Post
    Classy way to start a thread. Typical Yewt.
    Is that all you got? I am only listing the facts. That home schedule stinks...no?

A BYU season ticket holder (in touch with reality) would not be happy paying for those tickets. That's all I am saying.

BYU knew going into the deal that their 2011 & 2012 schedules would suck.... they are hoping a little suffering now pays off down the road.

My point is...you're not a fan. So why start the thread at all, let alone by crapping on the Cougs...yes the schedule sucks but leave it to a BYU fan to start an official thread if/when we have something worth starting it for.

I agree with you the home schedule is not all that great..however if you look at the three and six years deals being cut..wow..ute fans play in the pac 12..how many times did pac 10 beat moutain west last year...oh yea 0...look long term..ol miss...texas....norte dame....not to mention deals with utah which is always a good game.
    In all reality the only thing the pac12 will have going for it is the fact that it is a bcs conference....other than that football in the pac conference is not all that great-------
    go get lost, it is good for the soul

With BYU's schedule, we qualify to join the SEC with all their patty-cake home games....
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Kent K25 View Post
    My point is...you're not a fan. So why start the thread at all, let alone by crapping on the Cougs...yes the schedule sucks but leave it to a BYU fan to start an official thread if/when we have something worth starting it for.
    It's a free country and that's what classless Ute fans do when we're not pouring beer on BYU fans.

My question is.... why are BYU fans always whinning about something.....

I am not whining. I am very happy to be rid of the MWC and be independent. Even with the lousy home schedule this year we make a bunch more money than being tied to the MWC.
    Life is Good

Football: BYU will play host to Weber State in 2012: http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsby...weber.html.csp

Where are the pom poms?

Yep, as predicted, the first two-three years will be tough for scheduling home games.

And my pom poms are neatly stored for 13 more days.
    Life is Good

As a Cougar fan I love how Deseret news went out of its way to point out that neither BYU or Utah made the AP Top 25 a few days ago...did we really need a front page (website) listing telling me the Cougars weren't top 25?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    we make a bunch more money than being tied to the MWC.
    Too bad that is all college football is concerned about anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by moffer View Post
    Too bad that is all college football is concerned about anymore...
    I agree. As a fan my primary concern is the product on the field, not the money. If money helps the product on the field then so be it. In BYU's case...the jury is out. The schedule so far doesn't get my gears turning. So they slaughter a bunch of near community college level teams...so what.

If I were a BYU season ticket holder I would be pissed. The schedule would have to get much better quickly for me to throw my hard earned money in their direction.

The big problem with independance...... BYU now gets to start preparing for the Armed Forces Bowl.... YAWN....

Anybody else catch this one on ESPN? "Roscoe Mendenhall"

Nice "partnership" with ESPN.

Nice, I almost like ROSCOE better than Bronco...Very good job ESPN...Roscoe and his band of brothers....

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.