Thread: Delta Old School Rock Crawl May 2100

Delta Old School Rock Crawl May 2100

I made it to Delta Utah Saturday morning for Day 2 of the Old School Rock Crawl at the county fairgrounds.

This years event was awesome with tons of action and plenty of carnage
    The wind came up at around 2pm forcing all of the vendors to retrieve their tents and belongings and then rain sent the crowd running for their cars but I was able to get some pictures and video before that.

Attached Images Attached Images                                         

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Another great OSRC event, bit kudos to the organizers, Millard County and all the participants!

livinutoutdoors.com
    Don't talk unless you can improve the silence.
    The trout do not rise in the cemetery, so you better do your fishing while you are still alive. SGH

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Nice event, I wouldn't even begin to call it old school though........

Awesome. I keep meaning to go see one of these.

Sweet! You got some GREAT photos.

Cool. Looks like a good time! Now you need to come down to the Paiute Trail with us next month! Check out the moto forum. We need to see you do it again!
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    Nice event, I wouldn't even begin to call it old school though........
    How familiar are you with the Utah organized rock-crawling comp scene? It gets its name 'Old School' because the organizer (Craig Stumph) was the original founder of the UROC competitions, long before they got bought & sold and became a high dollar sport. The name old school is a play on the way things were in the beginning, i.e. drive your rig to the affordable comp, compete all weekend and hopefully drive it home. Free to spectators, etc.

If your looking to do some truly old school 4-wheeling, join us on the Relic Run. Not only do we use 70's era 4x4's... we use 70's era camping gear, clothing, etc. More info here: http://www.relicrun.com/

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpUt View Post
    How familiar are you with the Utah organized rock-crawling comp scene? It gets its name 'Old School' because the organizer (Craig Stumph) was the original founder of the UROC competitions, long before they got bought & sold and became a high dollar sport. The name old school is a play on the way things were in the beginning, i.e. drive your rig to the affordable comp, compete all weekend and hopefully drive it home. Free to spectators, etc.

If your looking to do some truly old school 4-wheeling, join us on the Relic Run. Not only do we use 70's era 4x4's... we use 70's era camping gear, clothing, etc. More info here: http://www.relicrun.com/
    I haven't competed, but used to go to several events in Cedar City as well as St. George. WE Rock and UROC I believe. To me, these were skilled events, requiring good decisions not just horsepower.
    But, my biggest reason for saying not old school is the artificial rock. Both Cedar and St. George took place on "Real" rock. I think St. Georges area is now houses. 3 Peaks in Cedar however is still what I would consider a viable area. I hate what rock crawling became, it was great when everything was slow(hence crawling) and spectators were able to be relatively close to the selected trails and obstacles.
    High horsepower over fake rock, AINT old school. IMO