Thread: Advice on a 2 nighter in either Canyonlands or around Zion for a newcomer

Advice on a 2 nighter in either Canyonlands or around Zion for a newcomer

Hi All,

Recently just moved out to Northwest Wyoming from the east coast (Boston) to start a new job. Unfortunately still a bunch of snow around here so I don't have to many options for my next 4 days off starting this coming Tuesday (5/18) through Friday. I'm super excited, but i'm still on the fence of where to go in Utah to backpack for 2 nights or so. I was looking at the bottom to top route of the Subway in Zion, but after looking at the nps site, it looks like it may not be the best idea or conditions. After coming across this site, I am now thinking that maybe the Canyonlands might be a nice alternative but there seem to be so many options available that I am having trouble deciding. If any of you would be so kind to make some suggestions on a 2 night trip, nothing crazy strenuous as It will be my first trip of the season. It would greatly be appreciated. It is short notice, so I didn't think it was to smart to "wing it" and drive 11 hours and find out the things I had in my head or read about wouldnt work out. Any information is greatly appreciated and I look forward to hearing from you guys!

Thanks!

Liam

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Check out the Needles area. Lots of spots to camp and could easily be made into a 2 nighter. You could spend a night in Chesler Park and another night in one of the other canyons.

Quote Originally Posted by hike.higher View Post
    Check out the Needles area. Lots of spots to camp and could easily be made into a 2 nighter. You could spend a night in Chesler Park and another night in one of the other canyons.
    X2
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.