Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wetsuits

Wetsuits

Time to buy the kids new wetsuits because they refuse to stop growing.... anyone know of any deals in the SLC area? I would prefer 4/3 or 3/2 full wetsuits. Probably womens S or M, Maybe kids large. Anyone have something around that size they want to get rid of? Need them before Memorial weekend.

Thanks...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Shane, I would suggest trying Recreational Outlet.

I had to go to SLC for a funeral last week and found that I didn't have time to go back home to pick up my gear before heading down to the Escalante area. They only had one wetsuit that fit me, but the had dozens of wetsuits in smaller sizes (Salomon brand) including kids and women's sizes. All are marked down to $99 or less and are of better quality than the ones at Sportsman Warehouse.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

I've had good luck with Leisure Pro. Search online for them. I tried to post the link, but I don't have access to do such things yet.

We have some smaller women's 4/3 wetsuits at Adventure Plus in St. George. I could ship them up to you, it's usually only a 1 day ship to SLC. Give me a call if your interested 435-674-0082.

Quote Originally Posted by tcott View Post
    We have some smaller women's 4/3 wetsuits at Adventure Plus in St. George. I could ship them up to you, it's usually only a 1 day ship to SLC. Give me a call if your interested 435-674-0082.
    Oh how much? I need to get one for my wife.....
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket View Post
    Oh how much? I need to get one for my wife.....
    There are a couple lightly used ones for $100, and new ones for $129

Try boaters outlet around 80

Aleeda wetsuits

I have had many of these for surfing while living in So Cal. they are good, american made, and not too much $$. i have used mine in a few canyons and they have held up fine. you have to order online or get at a surf shop in Orange County

http://www.aleeda.com/wetsuit_store....Page=1&catID=3

Quote Originally Posted by jb56chevy View Post
    I have had many of these for surfing while living in So Cal. they are good, american made, and not too much $$. i have used mine in a few canyons and they have held up fine. you have to order online or get at a surf shop in Orange County

http://www.aleeda.com/wetsuit_store....Page=1&catID=3
    It looks like they have a bunch of these on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.ht...reative=390957

wetsuit fit

Probably not a great way to start posting here, but I'm planning on going on multiple canyoneering trips out of Lake Powell on Memorial Day weekend (4 days). I did some dry canyoneering last year and really enjoyed it. From all the reading I've done, it sounds like I want to start with either a 4/3 or a 3/2 full wetsuit. Given the amount of water, and the time of year, and my stature (very fit, 5'10, 170lbs), I'm guessing I should go with a 4/3. I'm in Boulder, Colorado - there's not really any wetsuit places out here, so I went to the recommended STP site.

I can't post a link to it (first post), but I'm looking at the Camaro Mundaka C1 11 4/3 Full Wetsuit for Men.

The wetsuit seems like a good deal ($93 shipped with current sale), but after reading about how important fit is, I'm pretty concerned about ordering over the internet. I figured you guys might have a good idea of 1) how Camaro wetsuits fit? I've got a long torso, broad shoulders, and shortish legs, so I'm guessing a Large. And 2) whether or not the neoprene used in this sort of wet suit may be a good match for canyoneering? It doesn't say what application the wetsuit was designed for, so that doesn't give me any clues at all. But it does say 'Anatomic fit with flex zones in the knees and side panels'. Is that just marketing flair, or is it truthfully a more mobile wetsuit?

There's also a lot of 3/2 wetsuits, would those be a better choice? I don't run noticably cold, based on backpacking and skiing experiences - possibly on the warmer side. I don't see myself doing any winter or early spring canyoneering, when I spend most of my time skiing. I see myself doing maybe 1-3 canyoneering trips a year, 1-2 in late spring/summer, and one in fall. For each trip, I'd likely do about 2 canyons. All in Utah - I probably won't go back to the Powell area.

Should I just botch the whole online purchase thing, rent a wetsuit somewhere on my way down to Powell for a few days? Or maybe try to find a cheap one in a shop out that way? My main concern is not really having enough time to track one down that fits well while I'm out there. Is there any shops in Colorado that you guys would recommend?

Your help is much appreciated!
    Brian

Brian , there are several scuba shops in your area that might have used ones ....

Oh and welcome to Bogley

I have 3 friends who got wetsuits off the internet. 1 fits pretty good, one is okay, and one had to be returned. Best to try a scuba shop and see if they have something used, that's where i got mine. the friend who got one that fit pretty well checked the measurements a few times, so that can work. The friend who got the okay fit just took a pocket knife to the arms and legs that were too long and that turned out alright.

Also the brands that have worked best for us have been "body glove" and "bare". There are lots of good ones i'm sure but those have been good so far. I've read about camaro but never used one. It's probably fine, as long as it fits...

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Probably not a great way to start posting here, but I'm planning on going on multiple canyoneering trips out of Lake Powell on Memorial Day weekend (4 days). I did some dry canyoneering last year and really enjoyed it. From all the reading I've done, it sounds like I want to start with either a 4/3 or a 3/2 full wetsuit. Given the amount of water, and the time of year, and my stature (very fit, 5'10, 170lbs), I'm guessing I should go with a 4/3. I'm in Boulder, Colorado - there's not really any wetsuit places out here, so I went to the recommended STP site.

I can't post a link to it (first post), but I'm looking at the Camaro Mundaka C1 11 4/3 Full Wetsuit for Men.

The wetsuit seems like a good deal ($93 shipped with current sale), but after reading about how important fit is, I'm pretty concerned about ordering over the internet. I figured you guys might have a good idea of 1) how Camaro wetsuits fit? I've got a long torso, broad shoulders, and shortish legs, so I'm guessing a Large. And 2) whether or not the neoprene used in this sort of wet suit may be a good match for canyoneering? It doesn't say what application the wetsuit was designed for, so that doesn't give me any clues at all. But it does say 'Anatomic fit with flex zones in the knees and side panels'. Is that just marketing flair, or is it truthfully a more mobile wetsuit?

There's also a lot of 3/2 wetsuits, would those be a better choice? I don't run noticably cold, based on backpacking and skiing experiences - possibly on the warmer side. I don't see myself doing any winter or early spring canyoneering, when I spend most of my time skiing. I see myself doing maybe 1-3 canyoneering trips a year, 1-2 in late spring/summer, and one in fall. For each trip, I'd likely do about 2 canyons. All in Utah - I probably won't go back to the Powell area.

Should I just botch the whole online purchase thing, rent a wetsuit somewhere on my way down to Powell for a few days? Or maybe try to find a cheap one in a shop out that way? My main concern is not really having enough time to track one down that fits well while I'm out there. Are there shops in Colorado that you guys would recommend?

Your help is much appreciated!

Brian
    Camaro makes a wide variety of wetsuits for a wide variety of activities, including canyoneering. The Mundaka is not a canyoneering wetsuit.

Looks like it is a smooth-exterior (ie, not-fabric-laminated) 100%. This would be great for board-sailing but I think would not hold up at all for canyoneering.

I have a very different suit from Camaro that I know longer wear because it is too stiff. The super semi-dry suit has a fleecy kinda stuff on the inside which makes it quite warm, but even with stretch-panels, there is very little flex in the suit and it is too tiring to wear. From the fit of this suit, I concluded that European have no shoulders. I have perhaps wider shoulders than average, but not by much. It took me two tries to get the size I kept. The first one was too small in the thighs so I could not even get it on. I would have gone one size larger than I ended up with if it had been available at STP, but it was not.

I (Canyoneering USA) am America's #1 canyoneering equipment retailer. While I have not found a GREAT wetsuit solution, I have found a good one, with many happy customers. I sell the Hyperflex 4/3mm suits, and what makes them work well is that the rubber expands about 50% more than the usual wetsuit material. So each suit fits a wider range of person, but also, each suit fits whoever it is on better, and tighter, which makes it warmer. They are not cheap, but not all that expensive, either ($130.00). I also carried a less-expensive ($80.00) 3/2 suit from Neosport, but no one bought them from me. When I put them on the scale, the 3/2 and the 4/3 weigh very close to the same, so there is not much advantage to having/buying the 3/2 (and if you really want a cheap suit, you can go to Sportsman's Warehouse and get a quite serviceable Team Stearns suit for less).

You would fit in a size Large, which I happen to have on hand.

I was recently on Lake Powell, and a 4/3 was a good choice for many of the canyons.

You won't be back to Lake Powell?????? Unlikely, it is like the Curse of Niwot.

Tom

I go to savers just have to keep checking i know you are short on time so it is not your best option, but inexpensive. If you check them out Sunday night and come back Monday (dollar day) and the color tag matches the item you get it for 1 dollar and if the color is next weeks dollar day it is 50% off. I had previously bought wet suits from ZAC and Recreation outlet. Those suits gave me more mobility than the dollar setups, but I just shred them anyways. Has anyone tried these wetsuits before just curious? http://www.vaderetro.com/en/catalogu.../clothing.html

I'm with Tom on the hyperlfex suits. I've been using their suits for a couple of years and have no complaints. Super warm for a lightweight suit, the seams are sealed which really reduces water flow through the suit. And they are stretchy enough to move in.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.

Wetsuits for sale

Saw this add and thought one of you Northerners could use these.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...lpid=1&search=

I've seen the Hyperflex 4/3 full at Out N' Back in Orem for $129. They were out of my size when I stopped by so I picked up a very comfy Salomon Endo 4/3 full at Recreation Outlet in American Fork for $119. These were the only two places I found in Utah Valley with fulls in stock.

FYI: I ended up finding a full 3mm for one of my daughters for $19 at Boaters Outlet (6933 south 7th west), they had a couple racks of wetsuits but most were around $79. I bought a 3mm shorty womens small off ebay for $15 because I thought it was a good deal. Tom had a good deal on a 3mm full but it wouldn't fit any of my kids so I had to send it back. And I bought a 5mm full for the wife and second daughter from Tommy D for $58 (3mm were $48), they are really nice wetsuits and I'd buy them again. In fact I might order one for myself at that price. I mean can you really ever have too many wetsuits? I only have 5, plus two dry suits for myself.

So that was my experiance, maybe someone else can benefit from it....

Thanks, I bought one of the kids ones