Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Trip Report: Little Sahara Sand Dunes

  1. #1

    Trip Report: Little Sahara Sand Dunes

    I wasn't sure if this should go under motorcycles or fourwheelers, cuz the video shows more motorcycle, but there are more wheelers... Anyway, last Wed. we headed out to Little Sahara for a day of mayhem in the sand. We met up at my place (Good ole P.G.), finished loading the bikes and headed out about 7:00. The last few time riding have been pretty costly (timing chain fell off my YZ450 F, dinging the valves and costing $1500, next time our ghetto rider truck blew the engine, and the next time I broke the nerf bar, and destroyed my rear brake rotor on my Raptor 660), so we were a bit nervous about this trip. We had really good weather, it did get a little windy at times, but not bad, and the only problem we had with the machines is my brother had a battery cable that broke on his YFZ 450, which was an easy fix and the yz450f ate up 2 whip flags. The rest of the day we just flew around the dunes, enjoying the weekday ride, and having the sand all to ourselves.



  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #2
    Awesome vid. Yeah, you had a few get-offs.

    @Garbanzo would love this terrain. That dood is smooth as silk in sand.


  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffers View Post
    ...The last few time riding have been pretty costly (timing chain fell off my YZ450 F, dinging the valves and costing $1500, next time our ghetto rider truck blew the engine, and the next time I broke the nerf bar, and destroyed my rear brake rotor on my Raptor 660), so we were a bit nervous about this trip. We had really good weather, it did get a little windy at times, but not bad, and the only problem we had with the machines is my brother had a battery cable that broke on his YFZ 450, which was an easy fix and the yz450f ate up 2 whip flags...
    Don't know if I really want to push to go out with you sometime since something is always breaking Awesome vid, I love the hip hop version of this song, it fit really well with the riding. I actually think this is probably the best vid you've done so far. Love it. Really, I would love to come out and go riding with you sometime. Looks like a blast, maybe I can talk the wife into letting me get a bike one of these days. Thanks for posting and sharing.
    Jared Hillhouse
    North Wash Outfitters LLP.
    Twitter: @North_Wash
    N.W.O. on Facebook
    "Great Adventure Buddies Make It Happen"

  5. #4

  6. #5
    @Canyonbug... we are hoping that this trip broke the cycle of broken cycles . If you decide to jump into the wonderful world of motorsports, do it before monday, and we can cut the number of canyons down to 2, and then do some riding

  7. #6
    That was such an amazing trip, the sand was nice and smooth, and there was like nobody there. There were great jumps, good hills, good spills and good times. I can't wait to go back. Just as soon as I get a new battery cable for my YFZ

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffers View Post
    @Canyonbug ... we are hoping that this trip broke the cycle of broken cycles . If you decide to jump into the wonderful world of motorsports, do it before monday, and we can cut the number of canyons down to 2, and then do some riding
    Unless something wonderful drops in my lap this weekend, don't count on me having one by Monday. Too many other expenses right now. We'll stick to the canyons on this trip. Besides I'm waiting for the weather to decide what it's gonna finally do this year so I can hit the lake.
    Jared Hillhouse
    North Wash Outfitters LLP.
    Twitter: @North_Wash
    N.W.O. on Facebook
    "Great Adventure Buddies Make It Happen"

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    That dood is smooth as silk in sand.
    Low, Low blow! If being smooth as silk means you're constantly laying in the dirt then that's him to a "T".
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    Low, Low blow! If being smooth as silk means you're constantly laying in the dirt then that's him to a "T".


    What, like this? At least its soft... http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...-Warner-Valley


  11. #10
    Good stuff. I like to see our motorsports forum growing with all these new TR's and vids. Good stuff.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

  12. #11
    Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    locked, loaded and ready to rock!
    Posts
    2,486
    The soundtrack was amazing: Doors and Blondie combined. Nice! Great video and I noticed everyone was wearing helmets and whip flags. Superb.

    I take my GoPro Helmet cam with me every ride, but haven't turned it on lately. Thanks for the great video and motivation to start recording some of our rides again.
    2013 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2005 & 2008 Kawasaki Brute Force 750i
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

    The random world and adventures of BruteForce

  13. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
    I take my GoPro Helmet cam with me every ride, but haven't turned it on lately. Thanks for the great video and motivation to start recording some of our rides again.
    Get it out and get some video. We would love to see some more vids.
    Jared Hillhouse
    North Wash Outfitters LLP.
    Twitter: @North_Wash
    N.W.O. on Facebook
    "Great Adventure Buddies Make It Happen"

  14. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post


    What, like this? At least its soft... http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...-Warner-Valley
    LOL, if you noticed, the guy on the YZ450 had a couple of "intense" spills too... He is a real professional :) (Although I never saw his bike go belly up like that one did)

  15. #14
    Cool vid, good sound track, epic crashes, what more could a guy ask for?
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

  16. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Awesome vid. Yeah, you had a few get-offs.

    @Garbanzo would love this terrain. That dood is smooth as silk in sand.
    Horseshit if I am!! Sand Tard extraordinaire!!
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

Similar Threads

  1. Coral Pink Sand Dunes?
    By jdgibney in forum Hiking, Scrambling & Peak Bagging
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-15-2011, 07:23 AM
  2. [Trip Report] The Great Sand Dunes
    By IntrepidXJ in forum Hiking, Scrambling & Peak Bagging
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-05-2010, 05:47 PM
  3. [Trip Report] Great Sand Dunes National Park
    By taatmk in forum Hiking, Scrambling & Peak Bagging
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 10:56 AM
  4. [Trip Report] Little Sahara trip report
    By MTpockets in forum ATV & Side by Side
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-22-2007, 12:45 PM
  5. [Trip Report] Sand dunes
    By fourtycal in forum Motorcycling
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-27-2005, 04:53 PM

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •