Thread: Imlay 8mm rope and rope silo

Imlay 8mm rope and rope silo

I have an unused 8mm Imlay rope and rope bag that I bought a year or so ago. I had anticipated using it in more non-zion canyons but after lugging it around to the campsites I still always grab my other rope. So I’ve been staring at it in my garage and I’ve decide to let it go to a new home.

The Rope bag is a Solo Hybrid Small in perfect shape. Never used. It’s got a little dust on it and a few marks from being in the back of the truck to canyons and such but it has never been into a canyon.

The rope is an 8mm Imlay Canyon Rope. They are great ropes and I use the 9mm all the time. Same as the bag a few marks here and there from going on trips but again it has never held body weight or been used in a canyon.

New the rope costs $150 and the bag is $60. I’m looking to make somewhere around $140 for both. We can work out shipping, I have no idea what that'll cost.

Thanks.

Name:  Rope ..jpg
Views: 895
Size:  81.7 KBName:  rope2..jpg
Views: 944
Size:  90.8 KB
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

How long is the rope?

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    I have an unused 8mm Imlay rope and rope bag that I bought a year or so ago. I had anticipated using it in more non-zion canyons but after lugging it around to the campsites I still always grab my other rope. So I’ve been staring at it in my garage and I’ve decide to let it go to a new home.

The Rope bag is a Solo Hybrid Small in perfect shape. Never used. It’s got a little dust on it and a few marks from being in the back of the truck to canyons and such but it has never been into a canyon.

The rope is an 8mm Imlay Canyon Rope. They are great ropes and I use the 9mm all the time. Same as the bag a few marks here and there from going on trips but again it has never held body weight or been used in a canyon.

New the rope costs $150 and the bag is $60. I’m looking to make somewhere around $140 for both. We can work out shipping, I have no idea what that'll cost.

Thanks.
    Just to clarify... the HYBRID Rope Silos are new for this year. Nelson's silo is the 'current' regular style.

Tom

Thanks, my bad. I wasn't sure so I just looked on your website to see what it was called.

The rope is 200'.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

really? Nobody wants it? Someone make me an offer before I cut it up into a motorcycle tow strap!
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    really? Nobody wants it? Someone make me an offer before I cut it up into a motorcycle tow strap!
    Static rope makes a good tow strap. Stretch (storing energy) in your tow strap is not a good thing.

Just to cover all the bases for you, Nelson.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    Static rope makes a good tow strap. Stretch (storing energy) in your tow strap is not a good thing.

Just to cover all the bases for you, Nelson.

Tom
    I know. I once tried to tow a f150 out of the sand using a 10mm dynamic rope. Amazing to see how much stretch those things have over 20 feet.

I think i've got a buyer at a $100 for both. Hes getting a steal!
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Does that mean it's sold? Too late, I guess. Great price

It sold! Booyha! New DR650 chain and sprockets on the way!
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!