Thread: What are your weekend plans? It is FINALLY nice in the west!

What are your weekend plans? It is FINALLY nice in the west!

What are you doing this weekend or in the near future?

I am going to be out riding my dirt bike.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Josh still has to talk his boss into Monday off, but we're looking at Dark Canyon!

VEGAS, baby !! getting out of St. George. Town will be over run with Iron man event.
    I tried to watch it, but it is so spread out and very confusing to try and figure out what's going on. There's no live coverage on TV. I stood on Turtle lane and watched cyclists ride by. But, I didn't really understand at what stage they were on, how many laps they need to complete, etc. To me, it is a very hard sport to watch, understand and enjoy
    from a spectator's view. I guess there's a main finish line somewhere? But, without tv coverage, you don't reallly get the feel for how hard these athletes worked since the crack of dawn until you see them cross the finish line. Standing along a route is kind of
    like walking in on a movie at the theatre at the halfway point and staying for ten minutes
    and leaving. Too hard to watch.
    Not to take away from the athletes. Some day, St. George will grow up and actually
    have its own tv station. SLC just doesn't give us any coverage.

So, roads in town are going to be seriously hosed up and all restaurants packed with family and spectators and such.

Off to Vegas!!! Yeehaw. Wish I could watch the Iron man event like they do in Hawaii.
    "Just waiting for a sip of that sweet Mojave rain"
    The Killers

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Whipping the yard into shape and baking chocolate chip cookies. Maybe I will decorate the walls of this house this weekend.
    Chere'

I will be hitting up Elephant Hill next week and making our way to Horsehoof Campground. As long at I get the truck fixed first!

Some trail running or hiking in Horse Gulch near town, and hopefully some painting outdoors as well! And next week, hopefully/possibly a car camping trip to either Canyonlands or Moab or Cedar Mesa - woot!
    Sonya

Art & photography blog

Facebook Studio Page

"I lost my virginity, but I still have the box it came in"

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Leading a group of ~11 ATV's riding on Saturday, then spending Sunday morning helping my boys execute a Mother's Day plan, then into my devastated back yard to prep for the relocation of my "small" shed to an alternate location so I can begin landscaping.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Awe shit. Mothers day? Stupid commercialized holiday now threatens my weekend in Dark Canyon. My last free weekend (thanks to work) until mid-June! Shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Awe shit. Mothers day? Stupid commercialized holiday now threatens my weekend in Dark Canyon. My last free weekend (thanks to work) until mid-June! Shit.
    Yeah, I'll be skating around that one too...

I'll be out for a ride on my dirt bike again on Saturday.

What about y'all?

13th wedding anniversary this weekend...so...watching a movie and hittin' a nice restaurant while grandma watches the chillins.
    Blog | FB

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    A little BBQing... a little road riding... And maybe get to the house decorating, that didn't happen yet.
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    A little BBQing... a little road riding... And maybe get to the house decorating, that didn't happen yet.
    Just wait for me to get there in a month. I'll have your house looking like an international shrine with twist of flea market crossed with a french brothel in no time. If that doesn't sound appealing, just go pick out some fun paint colors and do an accent wall. It's amazing at what an accent wall can do to a room.

Friday night- attempting more night photos thanks to great info from ibenick. Saturday morning soccer game with kiddo. Saturday afternoon, breaking ground in new community garden that i somehow ended up on a board for. sunday, riding my old bike from carbondale to basalt and back. Will make sure to have lunch and cocktails before riding back down valley.

Riding the Bird AM on Friday then Heading to Escalante till Sunday. Trip Report when I get back.

I was going to go canyoneering, but our sister village to the north (Baggs) is asking for volunteers to help fill sandbags. There is fear that the river could flood with this warm weather I don't know if I'll be done in time and will be waiting for a phone call.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Heading to Nine Mile Canyon this weekend....haven't been there since 2007!
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | Anasazi Photography

We are headed to the Wave. It will be my first time there, so I am looking forward to it.

working !!!