Thread: What hydration bladder do you use or recommend?

What hydration bladder do you use or recommend?

I really prefer hydration bladders with the suck-tubes for instant access, rather than stopping and pulling out a water bottle.

I have used a Camelback 100 oz that I really like, except for one big issue. I hate the giant screw fill-cap. It is a PITA sometimes. It also seems a bit heavy.

Is there something better out there? The platypus bags seem lighter. How are they on durability?

TIA!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I have a mixture of different bladders I use depending on what pack I have.. They all have their uses.. I will say that I only actually use my Camelback tube and bitevalve with on off valve on all of them as I have found it to leak the least :)

I have a few Platy's and they have held up for the last 6 years.. the wally world hydro bladders are actually not that bad either..
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

MSR dromedary.

Simple screw top. Bombproof.

Name:  dromedary2..jpg
Views: 188
Size:  4.6 KBName:  dromedary..jpg
Views: 225
Size:  4.3 KB

Thanks! I will check those out.

I like the dromlite version of those dromedary bags (the red ones). I get a new hose/bite valve every year or two but the bags I've been using for years.

I use the Deuter 3 liter that came with my 5510 pack. It is easy to fill, bomb proof and I like the design for filling, emptying and cleaning.
    Name:  WB531-1..jpg
Views: 173
Size:  18.9 KB

I also have a 100 oz Camelbak that is silver impregnated. But I prefer this one for long day hikes, it is not as versatile as my Deuter.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum