Thread: Poverty Flat ATV Racing

Poverty Flat ATV Racing

I spent part of the weekend on my ATV with my wife at Poverty Flat south of Monroe Utah. We are preparing for an event that will take place the first weekend in June 2011. The event is being organized and sponsored by Sprockets ATV Parts and Service. Sevier county has also helped with the project by donating a piece of property as well as other help.
    The area is a great place for off road use, with many trails and roads of varying difficulty. It is also part of the Piute ATV trail system that includes over 2000 miles of trails. Because of this terrain and location, the spot was chosen for the location of the new race tracks. Prior our visit this last weekend, the MX track was nearly complete. We have had several Professional MX riders try the track and give feedback that has helped us to perfect the jumps and turns. The quarter mile drag racing strips were cleared but still need some leveling and smoothing out. The quarter mile Oval Track was also roughed in and still needs a little work. There is still an obstacles course and rock climb track that has yet to be built.
    There were many people that came out to watch us work and get an early run on the fresh tracks. Its a lot of work to build these tracks, so we are hoping for a good turnout. If all goes well, this may become an annual event and good weekend fun.
    The main event will start on Thursday June 2nd. and go until Saturday the 4th. It is free to come out and watch, camp, and ride the trails. There is a sign up and a fee for those who want to do the races. There is also a rumor that during the opening ceremony, the flag will be delivered to the event on a blackhawk helicopter.
    I will have more details about the event and how to sign up as it gets closer.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I have ridden that area quite a bit. Details appreciated.

Sent from Galaxy Tablet via Tapatalk Pro
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

There is a Youtube video about the event. i tried to post the link but the forum wont let me post it because im too new at this. look up "Bad Roads Summer Jam" This is the first event and there are some details that are still being worked out. the information and registration website is badroadssummerjam.com

youtube.com/watch?v=do8lvX2_qIs&feature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by Jones84790 View Post
    There is a Youtube video about the event. i tried to post the link but the forum wont let me post it because im too new at this.
    Hi Jones, we've got a 5 post minimum before you can post links, but you're past that now. Here ya go:

This should be a great event. I know the guy that shot the video.
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

event was canceled and will be rescheduled. too much flood water on the track