Thread: Camping and Fishing in Utah in early May

Camping and Fishing in Utah in early May

Hello everyone,
    My dad is coming to utah for a visit in a little over a week. He loves to fish and wants to go on a camping/ fishing trip. We live in the SLC area and everything here is still way too cold. Any suggestions on where we could take him. I'd like to go somewhere relatively warm (not scorching hot). I enjoy forested areas but realize this may not be possible with how cold it has been. Thanks in advance for your ideas!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

After looking at the snow pack totals today I am not sure where to suggest. We are 200% of the normal snow pack in most of Utah. Sorry
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    After looking at the snow pack totals today I am not sure where to suggest. We are 200% of the normal snow pack in most of Utah. Sorry
    Yeah, my first outing is gonna be down in Escalante in two weeks. No fishing, but can't stand it anymore, I need to get away. We are looking at Boulder Mountain GW section in June. Uintas are gonna be a July thing at the earliest.

You could always do a series of hikes and hit some of the reservoirs down south for some day fishing. But up north I would highly doubt with how high the water is running and how frozen everything is that you are gonna have much luck catching anything.

Not the shortest ride. But... you could go to the Green River below Flaming Gorge at Dutch John. It's a tail water, so it will be mostly unaffected by melting snow. Clear water at least, levels depend on how much they release. The higher the release, the more fish you'll find next to the bank.
    Dripping Springs CG and probably Baetis mayflies coming off like a bandit. That would be my choice.