Thread: Groggs in Price

We're all here, because we ain't all there.

Groggs in Price

Any of you salt lakers eat there passing thru?
    I worked in Price a little last week and was sent there for lunch, all I can say is go hungry, oh, and they have draft beer..

Dennis, any input?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I have been there. A long time ago, but it was dang good.

I stopped by there just a couple weeks ago on my way to nine mile canyon with the family (I should really post pictures...) I was looking for a growler to add to the local-brew growler collection. They still have and sell the Pinnacle Brewing growlers but they do not brew beer there anymore. So 22 bucks for a growler full of whatever amber they had on tap.
    Disappointing, and I'm glad I didn't eat there; the place looks like a dump, but the growler looks good alongside all the others (hmmm, maybe I'll post a picture of that when I get home too...)

We always stop at Grogg's whenever we are heading south on Highway 6. Our normal routine is Grogg's on the way down and Ray's Tavern on the way home.... but sometimes we get really wild and mix it up a bit by hitting Ray's on the way down and Grogg's on the way home.

I think Grogg's is pretty good. I don't eat out much, but when I do it's often there. I usually just get whatever burger sounds good, I'd say they're not quite as good as Ray's, but still decent.
    Blog | FB

Blog Entries
    Groggs has great burgers, but the wait time is quite long...avoid during lunch hours if you are looking for a semi-quick bite.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Their brew's come from Uinta. I like their burgers, german potatoe salad, and Pizza.

They also just added the Bohemin's (Midvale) microbrews to their on tap menu.

Cherny Bock

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    ... and I'm glad I didn't eat there; the place looks like a dump,....
    Grog's doesn't even come close to the definition of a "hole in the wall." I've got to admit that it looks more like a mid-90's country botique than a bar, but that doesn't make the food taste bad. The food has always been good there, but I always get the blue bacon burger. A guy at another table was raving over the ribeye, but you'll have to take his word for it. I've only tasted one steak that was better than what comes off the grill in my back yard so I've never tried it. Clam chowder, wings and a burger. Pretty much a perfect meal. The one thing that confuses me is that there always seem to be more cars out front than people inside.
    Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

Blog Entries
    At Groggs right now in fact...yum. Then moab for the weekend
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    Yeah! Groggs Good for ya, have fun.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    I'm jealous, we're eating filet mignon at Antelope point marina..............

Stopped at Groggs late night... had the French dip.