Thread: A good transmission repair shop?

A good transmission repair shop?

My transmission's going out FAST on my dodge dakota. Who are some good reputable shops that you might know of?

I've been reading a few reviews here and there, it seems like a lot of them have complaints, just curious what you guys thought.

Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    You'll need to wait and get a response from Scott P., He's the resident Dodge expert.

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    You'll need to wait and get a response from Scott P., He's the resident Dodge expert.

I know Bob, the owner of Intermountain Transmission Exchange. A bunch of the Intermountain guys have been in atv trip reports on Bogley over the years (the annual gay ride) http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...1-Joe-s-Valley.

Talk to Mike and feel free to tell him you know me, or maybe you shouldn't tell him

DO NOT GO TO TANNER TRANSMISSIONS!!!!
    I won't give you the long version but I got scammed a couple ways from them and they suck at fixing transmission problems. I had my car in 3 times, and got 3 different trans jobs done before it kindof ran OK. Luckily I traded that car in or I would probably have to take it in again. DO NOT BUY THEIR LIFETIME WARRANTY. I am getting angry just thinking about the crap they put me through.

State Auto in Orem is freakins awesome and the owner Bruce or Bryce is like a transmission wizzard. He smelled my fluid once and told me what was wrong. The guy is legit. Of course that doesn't help you all the way up north.
    I also have heard good stuff about Aamco but have no personal experience.
    The man thong is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx View Post
    DO NOT GO TO TANNER TRANSMISSIONS!!!!
    I won't give you the long version but I got scammed a couple ways from them and they suck at fixing transmission problems. I had my car in 3 times, and got 3 different trans jobs done before it kindof ran OK. Luckily I traded that car in or I would probably have to take it in again. DO NOT BUY THEIR LIFETIME WARRANTY. I am getting angry just thinking about the crap they put me through.
    Funny, they're the first ones I called just because they're nearby, then I read some reviews, I'll be staying away:

"Tanner Transmissions was given my car for a "free quote" and they told me after I left it with them that they could not figure out a quote until they remove the trans and send it to the build center. They charged 500$ just to remove and replace. They then quoted 2,700 $ and I regretfully agreed. They took a month to fix the transmission. I went to pick it up and now it was closer to 3000 $ and I noticed they went outside to call the boss before giving me the keys. The boss came in and gave me the keys. I went to my car and found EVERYTHING was stolen including my stereo, tool set, wiring, fuses, shoes, cds, EVERYTHING! I called the police and they took a report. Nothing they could do. I then look at the charges from Tanners and they double billed me for the diagnostic service. They refused to refund the double billing and refused to call me back.
    A few days later the transmission started to slip again. The same problem as before. I then checked the transmission fluid and it was never changed, black as tar. I called tanner again and they refused service or to call back.
    I CALLED THE SLC MAIN OFFICE AND THEY TOO REFUSED SERVICE. THEY REFUSED SERVICE UNDER WARRANTY!
    I THEN STEALTHFULLY went to a different Tanner Transmissions in SUNSET and the manager could see the fluid was never changed and the trans was slipping. He fixed it under warranty and which took a week but I am glad he helped. Someone (one person) in that company is a decent person.
    After they fixed the transmission correctly, the bill was close to 800$ just in parts, no labor, and that was under warranty.
    The company stole everything from me, ruined me for months. After all was finished, I cleaned out my car and found a mechanics rag in my spare tire well. There is no reason they should have been back there and I believe the staff stole everything. It took a long time to do the work they did taking everything out.
    BEWARE, their policy is to leave your car without a battery connected in an unlocked yard. Your nice alarm system will not work, like mine. And you cant lock powered locks without a battery. "

Not Tanner! Buy something from a salvage yard and DIY. Change your clutch out as well.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Already said on FB but Brian's on 1900 kept my BEAST of Dodge going with its ridiculous transmission issues.
    Chere'

How many miles do you have on that Dakota? I just sold my T-100 with 220,000 and the original transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    Already said on FB but Brian's on 1900 kept my BEAST of Dodge going with its ridiculous transmission issues.
    Can you give me more info on Brians? It might be under a different name now.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Brian W Creager's Automatic Transmission Center Inc
    3004 South 1900 West
    Ogden UT 84401
    (801) 392-1944
    Chere'

I got scammed from Tanner transmision a few years ago as well. I even got a lawyer involved. Both times that I had my transmission fluid changed, the transmissions went out. I do not change my transmission fluid anymore. I have 115,000 miles on a transmission that Chicks transmission did for me and is still going strong. I would recommend Freeway transmission or Aamco. I would have recommended Chicks, but the guy that I know broke away from his family business and is a mechanic in vegas on a racecar,

I know a guy that rebuilds them for decent prices but no r and r.