Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hi! and dark canyon help if you got it. (youngs-lean to?)

Thanks scott. Looks like that upper entrance due west of the car park is the Steve Allen route? I noticed Kelsey talks about a way in on the other side of the canyon but he makes it sound pretty sketchy, and it doesn't sound like he actually did the route...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Looks like that upper entrance due west of the car park is the Steve Allen route?
    Yes, but with a shorter variation on the start point.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Andy- did you make it back alive?

Hi Don- Did you end up doing this trip? I'm just about to do it myself - but I'd feel better if I knew I might be able to spot your footprints out of lean-to. Should I be worried about getting past the springs area SP calls "troublesome"? If you completed the trip, I'd love to get your advice.

Don & Andy, if you can find the time, I'd still be really interested in hearing whether either of you two made it up Lean-To back in May. Was it doable? We did go there in early June just after you. We first went down Fable on day 1, and back out on day two. That night we camped in between our planned Lean-To exit point and where we planned to enter Youngs. On day three, we went down Youngs to Dark canyon. The next day we were supposed to hike toward Lean-To .. but I decided I didn't want to risk it since I didn't know for sure if it was doable and all the internet & guidebook research I did beforehand had me overly freaked out...... So, instead, we went back up Youngs ... but hiked the fire road instead of dipping back into the canyon and out again. It ended up being a 15 mile day.. fortunately for us it was overcast! I loved my trip, we still saw some amazing things, and I think I made the right decision... but I'm terribly curious if I *could* have made it had I been willing to push us a bit harder.