Thread: Paiute Trip - June 16-18th

Paiute Trip - June 16-18th

A couple of us will be coming up from Vegas to spend a couple of days on the Piaute trail on the weekend of the 16th, 17th, and 18th. We'll be coming up Thursday night and riding Friday and Saturday and heading home Sunday morning.

On Friday we'll probably do the Beaver loop, that is if the 88 is snow free by then. If not we'll do the bypass on the dirt roads to the 67 & 68. If it's totally still snow covered then we'll do the fremont trail into Panguitch.

On Saturday we'll be doing our Koosharem loop through Antimony.

The Beaver loop is about 110 miles and the Koosharem loop is about 125 miles. Jarrod and I will be on Dirt bikes but there will be a few guys with us that will be on 4wheelers.

Everybody is welcome. We'll be camping just south of Circleville in our usual campsite. You can check out my previous TR's to see what is expected. Beautiful scenery and good times and some terrific riding.

Let me know if you're interested.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Not my thing, but you should stop by Watchman campground on Sunday eve for the Bogely Fest BBQ! Beer, food and then Vegas in time for bed...
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

I've done the Bogley Zion fest every year since we did the first one in 2006. I wish a different weekend had been picked so I could have taken a group down the North Fork of Oak. We did Boundary in '09 and we wanted to fix the chute and jug it after completing either the eye or oak. Maybe we'll do that on Monday after our trip.

And the last time I stopped by for a beer and food at the Zion bogleyfest I ended up having a wild night and not getting home till the next day. Bogley folks know how to party!
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

I believe there are a few of us still around Mon & Tue. My family will be and I think Don is planning on it being around. Let's talk...
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

Dang! Would like to ride with you guys, but I might have a conflict. I might be leaving on a 10 day motorcycle trip up into Canada on the 16th.

I dont think you will be doing the Beaver loop. The Tushars are at 180% normal snowpack this year.
    I am going to drive a stake in July 22nd to open the 01 trail from Marysvale this year
    You might make to from Circleville to Beaver but not back to Marysvale.

I would recommend Looping over to Filmore via the valley and Marysvale, have a great Pizza return via Richfield.
    A longer trip but would be awesome.
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedMan View Post
    I dont think you will be doing the Beaver loop. The Tushars are at 180% normal snowpack this year.
    I am going to drive a stake in July 22nd to open the 01 trail from Marysvale this year
    You might make to from Circleville to Beaver but not back to Marysvale.

I would recommend Looping over to Filmore via the valley and Marysvale, have a great Pizza return via Richfield.
    A longer trip but would be awesome.
    I was afraid of this. But it seems in the past that the snow tends to only stick on the 01 at the tippity top between the switchbacks and the 02. We only go on the 01 as far as the 26 and 01 junction, we go up the 01 and back down the 26.

Our typical Beaver loop is up the 01 out of Circleville to the 88, 67, and 68 then up the 05 to the 01 to the 26 and back on the 01 to Circleville. My worry is that one year we did encounter quite a bit of snow back in the 88 right before the junction with the dirt road. But it was spotty and we were able to get past it. I'm pretty sure that if we get in there and there is too much snow we could bypass it on the dirt road (as long as its passble...) back to the 67.

Thoughts? We've never been in June before but we have been the first week of July and there wasn't any snow below the paved road.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Bump! Who's in on this?
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

I would love to go, but I'll be out on a 10 day 4000 mile ride. Headed north through MT and then into Canada. We'll continue north to Banff, Jasper and then west to Victoria, BC. Then down the Washington and Oregon coast.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    I would love to go, but I'll be out on a 10 day 4000 mile ride. Headed north through MT and then into Canada. We'll continue north to Banff, Jasper and then west to Victoria, BC. Then down the Washington and Oregon coast.
    We'll miss ya for sure. BUt I hear you can't ride very well anyways so at least we won't have to wait on you everywhere! Maybe we can get Fourtycal and Garbonzo to come. It's a blast.

Banff is amazing. I spent 2 weeks in Japser and Banff and still didn't see it all! You'll dig it.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

I just switched jobs (after 20.8 years) and likely will not make it. It's a possible for Friday night and ride Saturday but I can't take any time off work right now.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I'll be there that weekend, staying at Lizzie & Charlies in Marysvale. I'll be attending the Take Back Utah event, but getting in some riding.

As Redman indicated, you definitely wont be doing the Beaver route. Its looking grim that route will be accessible at all this year due to massive snow fall.

Where are you staying over that weekend? I'm in spot 69a at Lizzie & Charlies. I'll probably have the biggest 5'er in the park @ 42+' in length.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Quote Originally Posted by fourtycal View Post
    I just switched jobs (after 20.8 years) and likely will not make it. It's a possible for Friday night and ride Saturday but I can't take any time off work right now.
    Isn't that what you did last year? I think you'll still have a blast. We can leave whatever loop you haven't done for Saturday. You should come.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
    I'll be there that weekend, staying at Lizzie & Charlies in Marysvale. I'll be attending the Take Back Utah event, but getting in some riding.

As Redman indicated, you definitely wont be doing the Beaver route. Its looking grim that route will be accessible at all this year due to massive snow fall.

Where are you staying over that weekend? I'm in spot 69a at Lizzie & Charlies. I'll probably have the biggest 5'er in the park @ 42+' in length.
    Our typical Beaver loop doesn't go up over the 01 into Marysvale. My experience in the past is that the snow tends to linger on the 01 between big john flat and Mt. Belknap. We only go as far north as the 01 and 26 junction. We have encountered snow back in on the 88 a few times but that was in October after a snow storm.

Our route is the 01 up out of circleville to the 88, 68 and into Beaver. Then the 05 up to the 01 and 26 then back to circleville on the 01. Do you think the snow will be gone on this route? I know that the rim coming up out of Circleville hits 9,800' but I've never seen snow linger there and it would be the highest spot on our trip. What do you think?

We always camp at Birch Creek just south of Circleville. We do our three loops out of there. We do a 98 mile into Beaver, an 140 mile loop into Antimony and Koosharem, and a 90 mile loop into Panguitch and back. So the spot makes a nice hub for us. Later this summer we are going to camp up on the 02 somewhere east of Marysvale and do a few loops that catch some stuff on the other side of I70.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

I'm still in if all goes well at work this week. It looks like the weather should be great.

Quote Originally Posted by fourtycal View Post
    I'm still in if all goes well at work this week. It looks like the weather should be great.
    I was going to text you to see if you were still in. We'll be there early Thursday evening. Were leaving Vegas around 1. Riding all day Friday and sat. We've got a couple of routes set up as alternatives if there ends up being too much snow.

Can't wait to see ya again!
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!