Thread: From the other side of the country.........

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!

From the other side of the country.........

Hope everyone is doing well in the western part of the country. I had forgotten just how hot and humid Louisiana can be until the a/c unit went out yesterday. I honestly don't know how people survived in the "old days" without some kind of cooling system!

If any of you ever get the chance to visit, make sure you come for the French Quarter Fest instead of Jazz Fest. It's a free event (you pay for food and drink of course) but dozens of live bands with all genres of music and any kind of local food and drinks you can imagine. Jazz Fest is held at the Fairgrounds and if it's been raining, you are literally in a mud bowl all day sloshing around (though some of you might like that!). The French Quarter Fest is held in the Quarter and on the Riverwalk for 4 days in April. If you ever have the chance to see a local group (they do tour) go see Shamarr Allen and the Underdawgs. Rock/Jazz/Reggae/Rap all mixed together N'awlins style! It's been a fun time since November, but I am headed back in a few weeks. Still have a house to sell in Sandy! I'll be happy to be back for summer in the mountains though!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yep, the heat is on down here, no doubt Been in the high 80's and low 90's here.

French Quarter Festival is awesome!
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

See ya back in Utarr soon.

It's snowing really hard here.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum