Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Green River, WY. Trail Riding/Bike Park riding day/weekend JUNE 11th

Green River, WY. Trail Riding/Bike Park riding day/weekend JUNE 11th

Announcing our local bike club (SWBA) trail riding day/ Bike Park day. We originally planned for a Bike Park 'event' for that day but circumstances have made it so we turned it into a full day/ weekend of trail riding and playing at the bike park event sponsored by the Sweetwater Mountain Bike Association. I can get hotel information to anyone that needs/wants it. I am also trying to set up camping in the river bottoms but that is not finalized yet. I would like to do a BBQ at my place as well but one of our founding members is retiring and he is throwing a party at his house friday night complete with beer & goodies...SO, let me know who would like to come!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Count the three of us in!
    Chere'

I've seen the pictures & have always wanted to check it out. I'll check the calendar, if I can make it i'll be there!!

sent from Samsung Epic 4g

We've had a slight set back for the 'event'. Between delays with getting the water system in place and too many events scheduled that weekend for the city to 'handle' the decision was made to postpone the event until everything is in place. Understandably the bikeclub is less than thrilled about this but we are going forward will a trail riding day/weekend - because 'we' as a club have our crap together even if the city doesn't and we can DO a trail event with playing around at the park as a bonus throughout the day.
    SO - come on up and ride!

This is a quote from our chamber director on the lastest intel received about our bike trail system:

I have spoken with both the BLM and Ashley Nat. Forest. The BLM is currently in a 14-day in house review, on May 23rd it will go out for public comment for 30 days. I will make sure to get you the public comment link so you can all send in a positive comment. The Forest Service will be going through their process and will ,(hopefully) be done the same time as the BLM's process is finished.

I have revised the map a bit, made it a bit larger, but we are not supposed to start handing this out until the comment period is over and the BLM & Forest Service has officially "blessed" the project. I know this is a bit frustrating, but it is all part of the governments process. So it is best if we don't start distributing them in force!!!

I will let you all know when the BLM will want to meet with some of our group, as they will, and get moving on official signage, maps etc. The BLM and Forest Service will need to approve all of those items or at least give us guidelines for them. Thanks for all your hard work and patience!!!

I went out and rode today and things are looking very good - the trails have dialed in sweetly!

Can't wait to ride these "blessed" trails.
    Chere'

I have heard they have better trails in hell then heaven anyway!
    Chere'

Update: It looks like the BLM is going to bypass the 30 day thing - seems they want to get this ball rolling too....
    (...you can't tell that I'm stoked can you?)

so if i come up on , could you loan a bike for a ride or two?

I have a 'park bike' that you could try out at the bike park but it's a single speed jump bike...not good for trail use really. Other than that you'd need to furnish your own bike.

I was hoping to demo the Rm9 and take it off some sweet jumps !

yeah....the RM9 is currently without tires . I guess you'll have to ride one of the park bikes or bring your monster. The trail conditions are SWEET, the weather is mild and we are ready to ride the 11th!

Shawn & I will be leaving early sat. Morning to ride these HEAVENLY trails. Can you let me know how to get there and what time to meet?

sent from Samsung Epic 4g

Head east on I80 - 2 hrs from Ogden or 2 1/2 hrs from SLC- to Green River. Take the first exit (west end of town) and you'll be on W. Flaming Gorge Way (passing the visitor center on the right) and head into town. Take a right at N. 4th W. and follow through the railroad underpass and you'll be on W. 2nd S. St. Continue, passing the Maverick store to the light at Uinta Dr. and turn right(south) and cross the Green River to the next light and turn left onto Astle Ave. heading east again. You will pass the city horse corrals on your left when the road turns right(south) again and becomes E. Teton Blvd. Follow this until you come to Bridger Dr. There is a Loaf N Jug store here as well. Turn Left(east) and head towards the river where you run out of road and come to the south side of Stratton Meyer Park. The Bike Park is on the right and we'll meet here. The club will be leaving from here for the trails starting between 8:30 and 9:00am. Give me a call when you arrive in town if you need more directions than this.

Chere'

Chere', you're just gonna have to plan you a trip another time up here