Thread: July Wave Permits Available (as of 3:02PM Eastern)

July Wave Permits Available (as of 3:02PM Eastern)

Just grabbed 3 for July 31 (nice and cool I'm sure)
    https://www.blm.gov/az/paria/hikingc...98bc2a7b2411TR
    just a FYI

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nice! Heading back again so soon!

I hope to snag some in Oct since my friend from down under will be up and that is one of the places he wants to hit very badly.

I was tempted to grab one for me. But I decided against it because it would be totally out of my planned route.

yeah, I'm not even sure I'll be able to go (and if not, I'll send 'em to someone from here like I did in March), but it'd be nice to have more daylight (even if its extremely hot daylight ;) ) to explore the area. If I do make it out, I'll see if I can get down to CBS as well and check that out...

Have you ever been to The Wave in July?!?

No Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jdgibney View Post
    yeah, I'm not even sure I'll be able to go (and if not, I'll send 'em to someone from here like I did in March), but it'd be nice to have more daylight (even if its extremely hot daylight ;) ) to explore the area. If I do make it out, I'll see if I can get down to CBS as well and check that out...
    I guess it will be freakin' hot and no fun.
    I went once in beginning of June and once in mid December. And if I could choose I would always prefer December. Even with the snow it was very pleasant.
    That's another reason I haven't grabbed a permit.

Yikes, if it'll be THAT hot, I probably shouldn't bother... been checking every month on the 15th.
    I really enjoyed our hike in January (though i wish we had some clouds), and wish we had been able to explore more of the area. I wasn't really thinking much about the heat, and coming from the northeast, the heat will probably be magified

Quote Originally Posted by jdgibney View Post
    Yikes, if it'll be THAT hot, I probably shouldn't bother... been checking every month on the 15th.
    I really enjoyed our hike in January (though i wish we had some clouds), and wish we had been able to explore more of the area. I wasn't really thinking much about the heat, and coming from the northeast, the heat will probably be magified

I'll ask you after your hike again
    No way, it will be brutal.
    I did a lot of hikes in the Phoenix area during the hot season. For me it's okay, I like heat and the desert landscape.
    But the heat can really be overwhelming, if you're not used to it. It's like someone slapping you in the face.

Look at the bright side.... at least it's a dry heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Look at the bright side.... at least it's a dry heat.
    So's my oven!

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Have you ever been to The Wave in July?!?

No Thanks!
    The first time we went, we could not find anyone to join us on July 4th. Too hot they said - it was cold wet and hailing. We had a blast. I have a trip report posted.
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

I guess it will be freakin' hot and no fun. I went once in beginning of June
    Yvonne, my first visit at The Wave was in July 1998 (this place was not really wellknown at this time) and it was 104

[QUOTE=Philippe;449113]Yvonne, my first visit at The Wave was in July 1998 (this place was not really wellknown at this time) and it was 104

[QUOTE=Philippe;449113]Yvonne, my first visit at The Wave was in July 1998 (this place was not really wellknown at this time) and it was 104