Thread: Lake Powell, Sevenmile Creek trip upcoming, questions, recomendations.

Lake Powell, Sevenmile Creek trip upcoming, questions, recomendations.

We're headed down with the boat to Sevenmile April 30 for a few days and were planing on doing Hard Day Harvey and Good Day Jim while in the area. I have read that HDH is narrow, having a 45" inch chest I often have to climb high in narrow slots like Leprechaun main and justed wanted to ask if all the narrows could be passed by a high climber?

I know the description says Warm Springs Loop can't be reached from the lake but have any of you ever poked around for a way up from say Sevenmile? You can only tell so much from the topos and I havn't been to the area before.

Also curious about any other fun canyons/areas to visit in the immediate area?

Thanks, hope everyone is having a great spring and if you're in the area 5/1 to 5/4 feel free to swing by the East Fork for a run down the canyon or a beer. (-:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I hate telling anyone that they will fit somewhere with so many variables.... but yeah... if you are a reasonably skilled climber is descent shape you should be good to go...

If you have a couple smurf's in the group having one ahead of you (telling you when to go high) and one behind you to help with any tricky situations is a major bonus.... at least that is what I do in the skinny's because of my manly physic...

Kelsey's book says you can access Warm Springs from between Warm Springs inlet an Sevenmile). I have never done it, but have scouted it twice from the lake, and it looks like you can get to the plateau from the lake about .5 to .75 miles east of the Warm Springs inlet. Good luck! Make sure to post if you do it.