Thread: Sage Riders National

Sage Riders National

On my calendar for the weekend was the SageRiders Nation Hare&Hound race, I was not participating in this one, just watching. It was a USRA, AMA and Bonneville Offroad race, so a big one!
    Saturday morning I awoke to a bunch of snow but I figured Cherry Creek would be better, I was wrong! It snowed all the way there and off/on the entire race. The 2 miles of gravel road to the pits was like a 2 mile mud bog. The pits were a muddy mess but the race was on. I took a few pictures and some video that didn't turn out but I will link some videos I found online.

Attached Images Attached Images                    

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

youtube videos I found

Cool vids! "Expert" class start.

I would like to get into that someday. We should put a team together.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Cool vids! "Expert" class start.

I would like to get into that someday. We should put a team together.
    What we need is pit crew help. I would have raced this one if I had someone there with me in case of a problem. In the past I have recruited a neighbor or my son but pit crew benefits are slim

The next BOR race is Wendover May 28th (Memorial weekend) I have a family commitment that I can't get out of so I guess my next race will be Jackpot Nevada July 9th. Let's do it

Tenatively putting it on my calendar. I need to look into it further. Got a link? I bet there is excellent planing being done in our behalf by the race organizers.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Tenatively putting it on my calendar. I need to look into it further. Got a link? I bet there is excellent planing being done in our behalf by the race organizers.
    http://www.borracing.org/ If there is organization going on they do not tend to share it until just before the race

It's very simple for bikes. Your bike needs numbers and a spark arrestor, you need a snell approved helmet and that's about it. You can show up and prerun the course on Friday if you want or just be there to register and stage early Saturday morning. The course is well marked and easy to follow. I think your new orange bike would do well on the Wendover course