Thread: TR: Spring Break in Canyonlands and Colorado NM

TR: Spring Break in Canyonlands and Colorado NM

Very brief TR of recent trip(s):

April 8: Model A Peak (Colorado)

Shaylee, Kessler and I went for a night climb of Model A Peak after I got off work. Model A Peak is an un-named peak in the Williams Fork Mountains, but we call it Model A Peak because there is an old Model A truck near the summit.

It was cloudy and somewhat breezy, but the weather held long enough for us to climb the mountain.

April 7: Cedar Mountain (Colorado)

My coworker Justin Kuhn and I climbed Cedar Mountain after work. I was going to take the kids as well, but they changed their minds about going.

April 6: Shafer Canyon (Utah)

This was our last day of our spring break trip. We decided to hike Shafer Canyon to the Colorado River because it was near the Shafer Campsite where we spent the night.

Getting down to the floor of Shafer Canyon requires climbing down a low 5th class route. Once in the canyon bottom, it was an easy hike to the Colorado River.

After eating lunch at the river, we returned back up canyon and climbed out the crack. The kids really enjoyed the climb out.

April 5: White Crack (Utah)

Today our (Kessler, Shaylee, Kimberly and I) goal was to hike the White Crack to a mining camp above the confluence of the Green and Colorado Rivers. Including the overlook of the river, the round trip distance would be 13 miles, so we knew it would be a long day. It would be six year old Shaylee
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

SWEEEEEETTTT! Looks like an awesome spring break!!!!!!!!! I also have felt the discomforts of being out of shape recently too...Good on ya though!

great report, wonderful pictures.
    Looks like you had a lot of fun during your trip

Excellent report.