Thread: Shoreline trail north of 12th st.

Shoreline trail north of 12th st.

REDFOX & I decided to enjoy the warmer weather this past sat. We took a ride on the shoreline trail north of 12th st. We both had never ridden this portion of the trail. We parked at the top of 9th st. We rode north until we got to some wilderness park or something like that. It is a fun spring trail. Its south facing so the trail was completly dry. Its has a few more rocks then the rest of the shoreline trail which makes it a little technical. Some may not like this. I was smashing my pedal quite a bit.

We also wanted to check out the freeride park we read so much about on bogley. We saw jeremy & another guy marking the new trails. We rode the upper section which is just about finished. They are still working on the lower sections. Jeremy gave a guided tour of the park. THANKS! Looks like it should be sweet!!

All in all this is a pretty fun place to ride. If you haven't ridden it before I would definately recomend it. We talked to a few people on the trail that said the best way to ride it is to park at rainbow gardens and there a new trail that goes under the canyon road and connects to the shoreline. Its a new section of trail that is about a yr. old.

sent from Samsung Epic 4g
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Looks like instead of heading south to ride my bike. I will be heading north to enjoy some variety in trail riding. You guys are making me home sick.
    Chere'

been wanting to get out there, weather needs to stay clear. How were the goatheads? I stopped riding the trail a couple of years back due to my bad luck. Hopefully I can be a little more lucky and keep my air in! NIce pics!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

I see the Mountain Cycle made it's way out of the garage.

The trail and temps were great. Yes I finally got the mountain cycle out. I can't believe that it is 11 years old. The blue Cook brothers cranks are 1995 era. That was a great time for anodized bike parts. Even my chainring bolts are anodized red. Ben and I were both riding bikes with a 24" rear wheel and with standard length 175mm cranks. This made for some tricky riding. I was careful to not smash my Atomic lab trail pimp pedals too much while riding the rocks and small ledges. I would like to ride that section with my big bike next time.

That's cool! That is a fun trail. I grew up (ok, I haven't grown up, but I got older) 3 blocks from where you parked. I spent many'a day in them there hills. Love the photos. Can't wait to get the weekly Bogley rides going again.
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

We rode that section Tuesday afternoon. It was windy but we beat the rain. We saw Chromehead up there. It was dry even after all the snow Sunday.
    Friday we rode the south section. There was just a little ice in Waterfall and Strongs canyons but it was good to go.

Garbanzo and Beech we need to start those Weekly rides up soon.
    Still trying to get in riding shape.

north side in great shape..been riding it at least twice a week even the mud holes are dried up. New trail out on the island as soon as we get another break in the weather I am going to go and ride agian if anyone is intrested..
    go get lost, it is good for the soul

That is great to hear that the trail is still rideable. I need to get in shape for a trip to Fruita and Grand junction coming up in a few short weeks. I didn't notice any goathead thorns up there, allthough, I do run heavy tubes with slime just in case.

goat heads usually not bad until late spring early summer..
    go get lost, it is good for the soul