Thread: Boulder Mountain info

Boulder Mountain info

I have always wanted to do a backpack/flyfishing trip to the Boulders but have never made it out. I am going to do a trip in early June (2-5) but I am wondering about snow. Is it clear this early in the year, especially considering we had a pretty good snow year? If it is still snowpacked in, does anyone have suggestions for a good trip with some fishing? Thanks for the info.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I've been itching to get out there too. Dr. Nebz posted a TR from up there last year, I think it was in June. Check it out, just find one of his posts and click 'Trip Reports' under his name.

It seems to me like the snowpack is going to totally depend on what happens between now and then more than how much snow we've had so far. You could always bust out the snow shoes and head into the Uintas in June. Those lakes can be red hot when the ice starts coming off the lakes and if you pick from the ones below 10k it might be pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    I have always wanted to do a backpack/flyfishing trip to the Boulders but have never made it out. I am going to do a trip in early June (2-5) but I am wondering about snow. Is it clear this early in the year, especially considering we had a pretty good snow year? If it is still snowpacked in, does anyone have suggestions for a good trip with some fishing? Thanks for the info.
    Last year was awesome! We left Thursday night and camped at Barker Reservoir. Friday, we did the Chris Lake Trail for a couple of days and Sunday we took some time in Kodachrome (Grosvenor Arch) and Escalante while we were down there.

My Trip To Boulder Mountain 2010- Click Here

I would call the Escalante Ranger District before you go to know if the snow is melted off down there. We went first weekend in June, a week after the last snows melted off, so everything was just coming out of dormancy the weekend we were down there. But we were in shorts at 9 am at Chris Lake, it got warm quick.

Escalante Ranger District- Dixie National Forest- Click here

I want to go back and do the Great Western Trail which loops all the lakes up there. We were thinking early June, maybe we could meet up. I think the crew is ready to get out. I have been on the snow since late October snowboarding, so I am ready to ditch the city and head out. PM me if you need anymore info. June 2-5 was the weekend I was eye balling for this trip, I'll check with the homies and see what their plans are.

Nice trip report man. Unfortunately some work issues are now forcing me to go out on Memorial Day weekend, so I will be fighting the crowds, and dealing with one less week of melt (if winter ever actually leaves us that is).