Thread: Road conditions

Road conditions

We're heading down for our annual spring time "get the hell out of Dodge" foray into the Utah canyons. Leaving in about 2 weeks. Planning on setting up camps down the Notom Rd, House Rock Valley Rd and somewhere on the upper Cottonwood near Kodachrome.
    I will probably call the appropriate offices prior to leaving, for current road conditions. Just wondering if anyone has been down Notom recently and can tell me what shape the road is in, all the way to Halls Overlook. How's the snowpack up in the Aquarius Plateau? I imagine the creeks will be running a little high and cold thru the park.
    Has the upper Cottonwood Rd been repaired from all last years washouts? I heard it wasn't in very good shape.
    Last question. Did I hear that they added more campsites at the Stateline CG on HRV rd?
    Any current info would be great. Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I can only try to answer one of your questions. I am not sure where the washouts occurred on Cottonwood Cyn., but on March 22nd, I drove north about 27 miles from the south side of the road (i.e., till about 3 miles south of Grosvenor Arch). The road was absolutely fine till that point. I saw several people camping.

Thanks arindam, If no one else chimes in, I'll call the Cannonville GSEM office for the upper road conditions. That's encouraging to hear that so much of Cottonwood has improved. I remember some pretty bouncy rides down that road.

Latest update April 9. The Cottonwood Rd is in very good shape according to the GSENM folks in Cannonville. Same with the Notom Rd in Capitol Reef.
    Anyone with latest on House Rock Valley Rd? Recently Graded or the usual heavy ruts?
    Horseshoe Canyon Rd from either Green R or Hwy24?
    Hole in the Rock?
    I'd love to hear from anyone who's actually driven these rds recently. The folks with the 4wd's aren't too concerned, the one's with the little cars are.