Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The most photographed stone arch in Arches National Park collapsed

I heard they are going to put the arch back up with a new industrial strength glue just developed by Elmer's.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I heard a different report that said that they were going to wire it back together.

The biggest obstacle for them right now are people sneaking in and smuggling out chunks of the arch. If it keeps up, there won't be enough pieces to restore the arch at all.

Despicable....Destroying a timeless landmark just so they can line their garden with a few chunks of what used to be delicate arch. Makes me sick.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    I heard a different report that said that they were going to wire it back together.

The biggest obstacle for them right now are people sneaking in and smuggling out chunks of the arch. If it keeps up, there won't be enough pieces to restore the arch at all.

Despicable....Destroying a timeless landmark just so they can line their garden with a few chunks of what used to be delicate arch. Makes me sick.

I saved a few pieces, If you want them, I'll give you the local discount...
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Here's the thing

Quote Originally Posted by mhambi View Post
    Wow. I thought this was a joke... but I guess the first pics are coming in...

Looks like most of the rubble fell down that south slope.
    If this actually happened over 2 years ago i am sure there would be hundreds even thousands of pictures of the arch fallen, and if this happened I would be certain that the official website of Arches National Park would say that this happened (it doesn't)

Exactly, everyone thinks this happened even though it's obvious that it never happened. People see one photograph that's clearly photoshopped with wrong shadows or they see this dumb thing that says it fell, people need to do research (like I did) and not be so gullible. (Sorry i rambled on so much, but this really made me mad, I am glad somebody actually knows it didn't happen)

Yes, but that picture has wrong shadows and is only one picture if this happened over 5 years ago there would be tons of pictures of it fallen. Anyways this was posted a day before April Fools Day

Can't decide if pixelgamer is two people, or one person with a split personality, having a conversation with himself.

Of course the arch is back up. I told you they used a new industrial strength glue (really it was an epoxy) to put it back together.

FWIW - they went down to the highway and got some rocks to replace the pieces that people stole to put in their gardens. I was talking to the Rangers and they said you can't really see where it was glued back together unless you know where to look. Almost good as new.

I told you they used a new industrial strength glue (really it was an epoxy) to put it back together.
    It's true. I was one of the civil engineers on the project. The gluing and putting together of the arch went well, but if you look close at the arch in person, you can see some of the creases and seams where the pieces were glued together.

Overall though, I think the project turned out really well.

We're still working on what to do when Landscape Arch falls. That one is more fragile and the pieces will be more fragile and may shatter. We're thinking of reinforcing the arch with drilled rebar before any collapse happens. The project will start sometime next early April. We can't do it now because the rock tends to hold moisture in the wintertime, which weakens the rock. We have to wait until early April so the weather will be warmer.

I'll post an update then.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

12. Likes Scott Card, accadacca, Iceaxe, Udink liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Can't decide if pixelgamer is two people, or one person with a split personality, having a conversation with himself.
    Well, those were all supposed to be replies to other people's posts but I guess the Bogley website decided that they shouldn't be so I look dumb, Yay! (That was sarcasm if you didn't know) But I definitely do not have a split personality, wait what do I mean I do to, I mean I don't have a split personality. Just kidding I really don't have a split personality
    Last edited by Pixelgamer5631; 01-01-2017 at 05:28 PM. Reason: I didn't finish typing completely

This thread has definitley reached Platinum Status....

15. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    @Scott P will you please leave a couple of re-bar exposed and bend 'em over so I can have a couple of anchor points for my swing? Thanks in advance.
    Life is Good

I'm just hoping that one of the big news outlets like abc or nbc picks this story up, after they "fact check" their sources. Maybe Brian Williams can break the story!