Thread: Running shoes?

Running shoes?

what brand of running shoes are the best? what kind? Any tips for buying running shoes would be greatly appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Best brand is the brand that fits your feet. Some brands fit narrow feet better, some fit wide, some fit in between. Try a lot on and find what feels it will be comfy after hours of wearing. I do a lot of Canyoneering, a lot of people HATE the 5.10 canyoneers, they give them blisters, are super uncomfortable, etc... but I love them because they fit my feet. I've done mult-day backpacking trips with just them and my feet do better than in my hiking boots. Just because someone on here LOVES a certain brand doesn't mean you will love them. Everyone's feet are different and so are shoes, you just need to find what shoe matches your feet the closest.

I agree with shaggy. I've been running in a pair of $21 LA Gear shoes from Big 5 that fit my feet like a glove.

Hi Joshuaria,
    I always prefer Nike shoes as they are comfortable and durable.
    One tip that do change your shoes after 6 months to avoid any discomfort.

Quote Originally Posted by Albart View Post
    One tip that do change your shoes after 6 months to avoid any discomfort.
    Really depends on your mileage....

X2 Shaggy

When I go to the running store I try on about 8 different shoes, usually a different one on each foot. I then run a little on their tread mill until I find the best fit. I am not brand loyal. Companies come out with new shoes every year and they may or may not fit like the last pair. If several feel good I then look at price and usually buy the cheapest pair, or ask for last years model (if they have it in my size) and try them. Usually you can get a good deal on older models. If you are into the whole minimalist / barefoot running then not as many options. Good luck.

Well i prefer Nike and Adidas as the best brands and also theses are also comfortable and good in shape. I have been using Nike shoes for many years and are only suitable to me.

I've preferred Nike before but now I'm really excited about Vibram's Five Finger "shoes". I really loved to run barefoot when I was a kid and now it's possible as an adult :D

have you tried the vibrams and do you like them?