View Poll Results: Is the Android OS Ugly?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep, ugliest thing on a phone.

3 27.27%
  • Kind of ugly

1 9.09%
  • No, it is far from ugly

5 45.45%
  • It is the most beautiful thing on Earth.

2 18.18%

Thread: Do you think the Android OS is Ugly?

Do you think the Android OS is Ugly?

I read an article today about Android 3.0 for tablets (AKA "Honeycomb"). The author of this article referred to Android as being "butt ugly" and Honeycomb being a little better. Now when I hear that I naturally identify that person as an Apple fan that hates anything that Steve Jobs has not told him to love, but that may reveal my own bias as much as his.

So I was curious what people though of Android. Do any of you think it is ugly? I guess one of the things that I love about Android is that I can customize it to look pretty much however I want, so I don't see how anyone can consider it ugly... but people do.

What do you guys think?
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'm only posting this so that you can confirm your suspicions of apple fans....

It's BUTT UGLY!

I have to agree.... Apple Fans are Butt Ugly!!!

I love Android but won't go into all the reasons I prefer it to iOS in this thread. I just want to discuss the looks. I like that Android pretty much lets you make it look however you'd like.

My home page has "Beautiful Widgets" which displays the time and weather and then I used "Apps Organizer" which allows me to set folders with custom icons.

Then if I click on one of my folder groups, it brings up a subfolder with all my apps in that category

I like things tighty so the rest of my apps pages are actually empty except for toggle buttons on the next page for bluetooth, wireless, gps, and flight mode.

[Update] I forgot that my 2nd page (to the right) is my contact that I call most frequently

Kind of ugly.

Especially if an IT guy like you is handling the design.

Okay, so all I have gotten out of this thread is that you guys are immature :)

Aesthetics. It's all in the eye of the beerholder. Think of it this way - when you were 9 years old and were losing an argument with your sister, as a last resort you could always call her ugly and feel like you got in the last word. Even though you don't have another leg to stand on, resorting to name calling is all you have left sometimes.

Honestly, it's not that bad but I do think it's kind of ugly. It's definitely getting better. Also, while I will admit customization is ultimately better, I wish it would look cleaner out of the box like iOS does because not everyone wants to take the time to make it look great. How's that for mature?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I have to agree.... Apple Fans are Butt Ugly!!!
    I'm an Apple fan and I like butts! A nice butt is never ugly. You sir must be a butt hater!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -------
    Jeff

"Be who you are, say what you feel.
    Because those that mind don't matter and,
    those that matter don't mind"

~Dr. Suess~

No, it is awesome, people just didn't customize it right.

Name:  090310__smoothdro&#.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  72.7 KB
    Name:  kneZ8..png
Views: 263
Size:  298.8 KB
    Name:  snap20100904_20163&#5.png
Views: 256
Size:  95.3 KB
    Name:  lV4M3..png
Views: 256
Size:  99.4 KB
    bluerei : You can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

Some people are too lazy to customize it! That's why I like iOS.

I used to like products that were customizable because I always had high hopes of customizing them for myself, only to never get around to it. I finally wised up and realized those aren't for me.
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | Anasazi Photography

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo View Post
    I read an article today about Android 3.0 for tablets (AKA "Honeycomb"). The author of this article referred to Android as being "butt ugly" and Honeycomb being a little better.
    so my first question when i read this was ... was the author referring to the default? or was he trying to say even with customizations it's "butt ugly." (i'm guessing default.)

my second thought was ... how long has it been since i've heard someone use the phrase "butt ugly." (really not sure)

Quote Originally Posted by stefan View Post

my second thought was ... how long has it been since i've heard someone use the phrase "butt ugly." (really not sure)
    I had the same thought. Actually I had the thought I don't think I have heard that expression since jr. high.

Even by default I'm not really sure what's not to like but I guess that is just me.