Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bogley Fest - Oct 13-16 (Robbers Roost Area)

Quote Originally Posted by 2065toyota View Post
    few of us from st george are will be wanting to come
    Cool

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'm new to this site and sport. I'm very interested in joining this event. Is this a sign up type of thing or does everybody just show up?

Kinda of a sign-up.

So are we agreed on a date and a place then? If so could we possibly include that info in the thread title so that folks know what exactly what they're signing up for?

I'd like to be in on this one...it's been a while...
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I am pretty much a total newb. Did pine creek a couple years ago and loved it and want to get more into it. I'm taking the canyoneering class at the U this fall. I have most of the equipment or could get it by then, but would love to come and learn.

What is the formal sign-up process, fees, etc? I'm happy to carry your ropes and learn.

Thanks.

80% chance I will be coming

Quote Originally Posted by hike.higher View Post
    I am pretty much a total newb. Did pine creek a couple years ago and loved it and want to get more into it. I'm taking the canyoneering class at the U this fall. I have most of the equipment or could get it by then, but would love to come and learn.

What is the formal sign-up process, fees, etc? I'm happy to carry your ropes and learn.

Thanks.
    When the time gets closer, I will ask for volunteers to lead some canyons, we cannot all go to one canyon. When I get that list, we will have a sign-up for the canyons we plan to do. NO FEES! You will really not need community gear, such as rope, webbing, rapides, but if you want to bring it along fine, but you should have all personnel gear. I would like to have pot luck style dinners, breakfast and lunch (in the canyon) are on your own. We will need people to bring grills/stoves to help out with cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    So are we agreed on a date and a place then? If so could we possibly include that info in the thread title so that folks know what exactly what they're signing up for?

I'd like to be in on this one...it's been a while...
    Yes, the first one will be in the North Wash area. The second one most likely in Robbers Roost. I will ask a mod to include date/place in title. Again there are actually 2 trips planned. We might just split them up into 2 different threads.

Cant wait to see plans for these trips. I would really like to do something outside Zion this fall/winter. Let me know if I can help with anything.
    If you are wondering what my wife and I are doing in my Avatar... we are laughing at all you funny looking Bogleyites!

Thanks. Let me know if I can help with anything. The November dates would be better. I would probably come down Friday to Sunday and bring a friend.

How many people usually come to these events? It may determine how many friends I drag along.

Quote Originally Posted by Aarjonet View Post
    How many people usually come to these events? It may determine how many friends I drag along.
    15-20 sometimes up to 35....

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs View Post
    15-20 sometimes up to 35....
    If this happens, there better be a few people to help out, taking people thru some canyons.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasatch View Post
    Yes, the first one will be in the North Wash area. The second one most likely in Robbers Roost. I will ask a mod to include date/place in title. Again there are actually 2 trips planned. We might just split them up into 2 different threads.
    Wasatch,
    Have you got dates? If you know them go into your first post and edit it.

seriously, what are the dates? if not, somebody else just needs to take control of this thing... looks like there is tons of interest.

Blog Entries
    Okay, so the title was changed to Oct 13-16 for the North Wash Area. Wasatch will create another thread for the Robbers Roost area later on.

Oh, and added the possible names to the 1st page. Hopefully this is okay with you Wasatch? I took the liberty and created some order for this thread as the fest nears.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    Okay, so the title was changed to Oct 13-16 for the North Wash Area. Wasatch will create another thread for the Robbers Roost area later on.

Oh, and added the possible names to the 1st page. Hopefully this is okay with you Wasatch? I took the liberty and created some order for this thread as the fest nears.
    Thanks jman.

OK. Names are listed, if you cannot make it please let me know, I will remove your name. If some people want to volunteer to take people thru these canyons please let me know. This will be newbie friendly to moderate canyons. On Friday 14 Oct, I would be willing to take people thru LF and RF of Blarney.

14 Oct - LF Blarney (limit 6)
    Wasatch

14 Oct - RF Blarney (limit 6)
    Wasatch

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasatch View Post
    OK. Names are listed, if you cannot make it please let me know, I will remove your name. If some people want to volunteer to take people thru these canyons please let me know. This will be newbie friendly to moderate canyons. On Friday 14 Oct, I would be willing to take people thru LF and RF of Blarney.
    We have a Zion Adventure Company trip to North Wash that weekend. Not like we will be a big crowd, but if the momentum has not built for that date yet, perhaps you could change it. Please.

Also, I think you would do well to start a new thread for planning this, with the organizer (John?) editing the first post to keep it up to date...