Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bogley Fest - Oct 13-16 (Robbers Roost Area)

Seems to be working ok, thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by IntrepidXJ View Post
    Will this trip be newbie friendly? Thinking I might like to try this stuff out sometime.....
    Randy is going to step over the edge. As one of my buddies said the first time he went "why am I walking backwards off a perfiectly good rock into the abyss" Later he said "this hiking with ropes is alot more fun then just hiking" You better not go, you might have a new sport.

Mark

I'm back online from Cedar Mesa (TR's later!). I should be good for the October dates but not the November ones. What about Escalante area for October? Or maybe the Roost?
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

Quote Originally Posted by ststephen View Post
    I'm back online from Cedar Mesa (TR's later!). I should be good for the October dates but not the November ones. What about Escalante area for October? Or maybe the Roost?
    Either the Roost or North Wash for now.

Bump.

Any more thoughts on a fall Fest?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    Bump.

Any more thoughts on a fall Fest?
    Like what. I'm still planning on those dates.

I'm planning on October too. When my wife caught wind that I was planning it she took that as permission for her to book her own separate trip to Utah for the StG Marathon, so I darn well better do this one now!
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

Quote Originally Posted by ststephen View Post
    I'm planning on October too. When my wife caught wind that I was planning it she took that as permission for her to book her own separate trip to Utah for the StG Marathon, so I darn well better do this one now!
    Hope to see ya there.

Count me in for both.

Quote Originally Posted by New Mexico View Post
    Count me in for both.
    Gotcha covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Scopulus View Post
    Love to do both too.
    Cool

I'm interested in the Nov one.
    Deb

Just bringing this thread to the top, so it won't be forgotten and easier to find.

OCT IS MO' BETTA in my opinion. Once you hit November the snow starts to fly down here. And with the exceptionally cool year we've been having who knows what November could look like?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Thanks for refreshing this. I saw it when it first popped up but I'm too ADD to plan that far ahead but this is more in my capture range now.

Regarding the November trip, we did some backpacking along the Dirty Devil, some North Wash Canyons, Horse Shoe Canyon and some mountain biking in Fruita last November (2--7) and the weather was great and there was no one around. Only down side was less daylight.

I'll be heading out from Monument Colorado (South of Denver) if anyone wants to share a ride let me know.

ooh! This looks great, I should be there. I was down in Zion the weekend prior to the summer fest and wasn't able to make it.

So it looks like the dates for this, per the Bogley Calendar, are October 13th-16th... is that correct? Is that in stone or likely to change?

few of us from st george are will be wanting to come

Quote Originally Posted by optikal View Post
    So it looks like the dates for this, per the Bogley Calendar, are October 13th-16th... is that correct? Is that in stone or likely to change?
    Yup 13-16 Oct and 9-13 Nov, weather permitting, I will be at both.