Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bogley Fest - Oct 13-16 (Robbers Roost Area)

Bogley Fest - Oct 13-16 (Robbers Roost Area)

The Plan Thus Far:
    When: October 13-16, 2011
    Where: Robbers Roost, Utah (Granary Spring)
    Other Info: I need volunteers to help lead some canyons, we cannot all go to one canyon. We will have a sign-up for the canyons we plan to do, you can then sign-up for which one(s) you would like to do. NO FEES! You will really not need community gear, such as rope, webbing, rapides, but if you want to bring it along fine, but you should have all personnel gear. All meals are on your own.

Who:
    wasatchghost (maybe)
    tylerhirshfled
    Bshelton +1
    EvergreenDean +2
    ddavis +1
    hikster11
    New Mexico
    kokopelli99
    remoteman45 +3
    fresh_narwhal
    blueshade
    JT Local +1

Leaders/Co-Leaders
    Wasatch
    Scott P
    EvergreenDean
    Bshelton

Scott P - EF BlueJohn, Buck, Sam Mesa Box, New Canyon (Goblin Valley)
    Wasatch - WF White Roost, Not Mindbender, Lost Park
    EvergreenDean - Larry, Alcatraz, High Spur, Blue John, Mind Bender, Chambers
    Bshelton - Blue John, NF Robbers Roost

Important Notes:

PLEASE DO NOT USE THE CALENDER TO RSVP, AS I WILL NOT BE LOOKING AT IT

There are a couple more people that said they would be willing to take some people thru some canyons that have not responded yet. I NEED AT LEAST 2 MORE PERSON'S TO COME FORWARD AND LEAD SOME CANYONS

THIS WILL NOT BE A POTLUCK STYLE MEAL ANYMORE, ALL MEALS ARE ON YOUR OWN

I need 2-3 more people to bring some firewood. So far: (hikster11, New Mexico, Bshelton, EvergreenDean) We should be good for heat now.

There seems to be alot of people coming to this fest now. I cannot guarantee everyone will be able to do canyons if not enough people will be willing to take other's thru, just saying. Don't blame me.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasatch View Post
    Maybe we can get this posted as a sticky.
    Good idea....wish granted.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Sounds good to me! The November dates would suit me better, as the flights are cheaper by quite a margin.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    Sounds good to me! The November dates would suit me better, as the flights are cheaper by quite a margin.

Rob
    Cool. The Nov trip does have more days to enjoy the canyons. lol

Will this trip be newbie friendly? Thinking I might like to try this stuff out sometime.....
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | Anasazi Photography

I think it will be. If we can get enough people that know the area(s) we should be able to split up the groups accordingly. Meaning if we can get enough leaders for the different groups, I see no problem doing more friendly newbie canyons, there are quite a few of them around.

I'm putting this in my long-range radar too. I did a fall trip flying out to SLC (just me, no wife and kid) to hook up with Don and his gang last fall and I think I can swing a similar thing again this year.
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

Quote Originally Posted by ststephen View Post
    I'm putting this in my long-range radar too. I did a fall trip flying out to SLC (just me, no wife and kid) to hook up with Don and his gang last fall and I think I can swing a similar thing again this year.
    Hope to see ya there.

I may not be able to make the June fest so I'm keeping ny eye on this thread In hopes that I'll have a second option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -------
    Jeff

"Be who you are, say what you feel.
    Because those that mind don't matter and,
    those that matter don't mind"

~Dr. Suess~

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    Good idea....wish granted.
    The glue seems to not stick well

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    The glue seems to not stick well
    It was there for a day, but someone took it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasatch View Post
    It was there for a day, but someone took it down.
    Moderator voice: That was me. Some whiny bitches (You know who you are. ) were complaining about the number of sticky threads growing to the level of annoying. Actually, it's not a bad point; if a thread is strong it will survive, if not use the search feature.
    Of course it is within the power of anyone actually interested in a particular thread to keep in on the front page; just keep using it.

i'll put this on my radar too. be an excellent time to have a north wash fest. definitely a nice intro to canyons if people want to check something out.

i'll show, but i expect don and ststephen to show too...

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Odd because every other Bogley Fest with the exception of this last fest in St. George was put as a sticky until it was over with and then it reverted back. Really people too many stickies??? Just bump it everyday Wasatch.. the benefit will be increased post counts. j/k but it will keep it near the top.

So I just had a thought. Instead of the "Bogley Unplugged" section that seems to get very little use... how about converting that to "Bogley Fests" all events to be planned go in one place and afterward get moved to the appropriate section?? Just a thought. And I would suggest moving it to the "Main" arena so it is more visible.

By the way whatever happened to the calendar project.
    Chere'

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    By the way whatever happened to the calendar project.
    I asked a month or maybe two months ago, and no replies yet. But clearly you understand how beneficial one would be in regards to these Meetups.
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs View Post
    i'll put this on my radar too. be an excellent time to have a north wash fest. definitely a nice intro to canyons if people want to check something out.

i'll show, but i expect don and ststephen to show too...
    The gauntlet has been thrown! It does sound like a good plan. Nov not too late for North Wash?
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

Nov is a pretty good time for that area. Days will be shorter though.

Totally forgot. Nov 6 is the NY Marathon. It's taken 4 years of lotteries to sync up Robin and I do that, so that date won't work for me. If you guys stick with Nov I might try for something else in Sept/Oct.

I would not mind going down on both dates, really. Especially if we can get enough people.

Blog Entries
    Added the event to the New "Calendar" feature, in the red navigation bar at the top. Check it out! BTW, tell me if anyone is able to edit it? If not, give me the details and I'll fill in the rest.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"