Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone tried Vibram five fingers shoes in the slots yet?

I guess I missed this article last weekend? Anyway, I'm not owner, but work here at The Desert Rat, and this article has some thoughts that are valid.

http://www.thespectrum.com/article/2...110315018/1061

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by xxnitsuaxx View Post
    Why the Chacos hate? They've got great traction and they're comfortable. I've tried the 5.10 guides, the Canyoneers, and beat-up running shoes and I always come back to my Chacos. Why the derision for the Chaco-lovers?
    I love my Chacos, I'd just rather wear real shoes when I'm river hiking and canyoneering. I was playing in the water near Canyon Junction in Zion while wearing my Chacos. They were fine for keeping my feet from getting cut up on the bottom, but with every step I took the toes would curl under and try to trip me. Now I don't like playing in the water in anything but full-on shoes. I preached the benefits of real shoes to my friends for a couple years before they finally tried. Now they all wear shoes too. Try wearing some trail runners in a canyon before you swear off shoes forever.
    Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

I wore my 5-fingers through Orderville last fall. I was originally going to use them only on the double-track into the first dryfall, and then change into canyon shoes, but 12 miles later I was done and they still felt good. Calves were really sore the next day though.

Mr. Incognito, your profile pic looks like the rap off of Jackson's Thumb in City of Rocks. Am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by John Peterson View Post
    Mr. Incognito, your profile pic looks like the rap off of Jackson's Thumb in City of Rocks. Am I right?
    Yup, That is exactly where that pic was taken.