Thread: Red Cliff's Desert Reserve

Red Cliff's Desert Reserve

Anybody ever biked in Red Cliffs? I'm headed down there this weekend and was wondering if I should take the bikes with. If you have been there, can you reccomend any trails? Nothing too technical

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by johnrob10 View Post
    Anybody ever biked in Red Cliffs? I'm headed down there this weekend and was wondering if I should take the bikes with. If you have been there, can you reccomend any trails? Nothing too technical
    If you have a moment stop by The Desert Rat at the corner of St. George Blvd. and Bluff Street. I have a hiking, biking, equestrian map that includes all of the Red Cliff Desert Reserve. There are a LOT of biking trails within the 66,000 acre RCDR. I'd be glad to point out popular trails and how to access them. Cheers. Bo

I have and would not rate them very high. But I have only been on 3 there. There is a really good dirt bike trail though, one of the funnest I have ever been on. Soo much sand! But bring the bikes anyways cause Saint George is very close (15 mins) and has some amazing trails. There is a good list here. But I'm sure Bo knows some I have not been on that are awesome. He would pretty much be your source if you want to have a good time there. But I know these are good and very close by.

http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/idx-st-g.htm

I found the indian runes trail a waste of time and not very interesting. If you're into that, hit up the anasazi trail in nearby Santa Clara, it's amazing. The things that Red Cliffs does have going for it though is it's very nice to camp in. It's very scenic with a nice year round river running right through it. The layout is very nice and I've never had a bad experience there (except ants getting in my tent, but my son left food out hehe. The environment itself it near perfect to relax in. The dinosaur footprint trail is awesome and the trail following the river up the middle is a great beginner canyoneering trail. Just follow it up as far as your comfortable and then turn around. But you won't be disappointed in that either, no matter how far you get.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

__