Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Zion Fest June 18 & 19 2011

Hey Don, sounds great! I was actually leaving the dates a bit flexible (we haven't booked yet) in the hopes of getting a little feedback like you just gave me as to when folks might come early or stay late. Sounds like staying late is the way to go & it let's us join for the Sunday barbeque, awesome.

Bummer we can't join you Sunday for Das Boot/Subway, I'll be looking to get Laura in there for sure, or at least the Subway. And wasn't Paul (always fun to learn someone's actual name) talking about a Misery venture? Also on my possible list, love to do that again.

Revealing my "new member-ness", how would I find Paul's PM info?

Any thoughts on your possible "more difficult stuff" on the 21st & 22nd? I'm curious to see some of the cool Zion canyons I haven't yet seen, but wasn't sure if you were thinking stuff like Telephone or Heaps.

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Click on ststephen's name. Over on the left of the screen below the date a response was posted. If you click on the name it takes you to their profile page. Once there on the left hand side of the screen you will see where you can send him a PM.

My name is Chere' (shuree) so there another one you can add to your list. See you in June.
    Chere'

Ha, thanks Chere, rats, I should have figured that one out.

We're looking forward to it, thanks for everyone who's worked to set it up!

@Pubalz: you're in on my Subway! There's one slot left. If the permit works out we can split up the group and meet up where Das Boot joins back in.

@The Good Cop: welcome! We haven't figured out things for sure yet for Monday and beyond so I can't promise what will happen. But I think your odds are best at finding some folks to hook up with if you come for the BBQ and stay Mon-Fri vs. leaving Zion on the Fri when most of us are just arriving.
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

Makes sense & sounds good, I'll try to swing it that way. Also it sounds way more fun!

WORD TO THE MOTHERLAND! It's official.......keep me on for the Sunday and I will take the PLUS 1 if it's still available. BIG WORM (aka my husband) is totally stoked to go. Paul- let me know if this works.

Excellent news Alison! Your husband fills it up. We now have:

1. Paul (me)
    2. Robin
    3. Aaron
    4. Jon (friend from Santa Cruz)
    5. Jack (Jon's son)
    6. Chere
    7. Alison
    8. Alison's Husband
    9. Erik
    10. Don
    11. Pubalz
    12. Pubalz's Daughter

We may split up at the start to allow some folks to do Das Boot, but we won't know for sure until the day before. If we do we'll try to time it to minimize waiting where the routes join up. Also we'll have some car shuttle logistics to work out. But, I'm stoked!
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

Whoa! Alison and hubby!!! Right on. This should be fun.
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    Whoa! Alison and hubby!!! Right on. This should be fun.
    I'm looking forward to seeing you guys!!!!!
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

Yes! Just call him FAT BOY or BIG WORM.....hehe! We are from Texas- the land where everyone has nickname. Or call him RON...it's all good. Will be great to see everyone as well!

Quote Originally Posted by ststephen View Post
    Excellent news Alison! Your husband fills it up. We now have:

1. Paul (me)
    2. Robin
    3. Aaron
    4. Jon (friend from Santa Cruz)
    5. Jack (Jon's son)
    6. Chere
    7. Alison
    8. Alison's Husband
    9. Erik
    10. Don
    11. Pubalz
    12. Pubalz's Daughter

We may split up at the start to allow some folks to do Das Boot, but we won't know for sure until the day before. If we do we'll try to time it to minimize waiting where the routes join up. Also we'll have some car shuttle logistics to work out. But, I'm stoked!
    On track for an epic subway day!

Cool thanks Paul looking forward to meeting you and the rest of you i havent met yet.
    Don`t be afraid your life will end be afraid it will never begin fear is the thief of all dreams...

Ok, so here is what I'm thinking.
    I finally got a trip commitment from my wife. She and I will be taking separate cars down on June 16 or 17. She will be driving down with her friend Lyndsay, our son E, and Lindsay's sons. They plan to stay through Saturday afternoon. So I'll be doing some easy family hikes those days. Camp sites are all booked up so I'm not sure where I'll be staying with the family yet.
    After they leave I have permission to stay through June 25th. I have to be home on the 26th for my birthday. Cody, Gonzo, and Bugby are looking into what days that week they can make it down. None of them will make the Bogley weekend, but all three hope to spend parts of the following week in Zion.
    I'll do the subway with Paul on the 19th, then whatever we decide on for Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday while Paul is around. I plan to try for a mystery walk-up permit every day until I get one, and would also like to get up Lady Mountain. So plans are pretty fluid still.
    I'd like to crash with the group Sunday, but since everything is booked I don't know where I'll be camping and I can't spend every night behind the bar...

Well Don! So much for missing out on some Spring action. Sounds like you are going to wrap up Spring and Summer all in one week! Exciting.

Also, should we plan a get-together for that Friday night? Maybe picnic/BBQ/Dutch oven in a park somewhere?

Sent from my Google Android SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

I have a nice little spot in my backyard with a great fire pit and grill. Alison is already there. So ya know you and anyone else is welcome.

You can even dutch oven on my awesome fire pit! I should take a pic and post it.
    Chere'

Good idea to meet up Fri night. I have to drive through StG anyway on my way to Springdale. Plus it will give us a chance to think about Saturday activities. I know Aaron is still jazzed to ride Gooseberry Mesa, maybe in the morning before it gets too hot.

FRIDAY NIGHT! Chere's house! Fire pit! FOOD and BEER with cool people! This sounds fabulous....................

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    I have a nice little spot in my backyard with a great fire pit and grill. Alison is already there. So ya know you and anyone else is welcome.

You can even dutch oven on my awesome fire pit! I should take a pic and post it.
    I can't wait to see your place lady! Let's throw your first BBQ/housewarming!!!

I just stumbled onto this site looking for info on some of the canyon trails in Zion, my brother and I are planning a trip out there on that same weekend. We want to do the subway and the narrows (possible 2 day backpacking) how hard will it be for us to get permits and a campsite? Planning on heading out the night of the 16th for 4 nights or so.