Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Zion Fest June 18 & 19 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Win View Post
    Mosquito Cove was full of campers last weekend, gate still locked but they parked and hiked in.

Win
    Hopefully the thiefs do not show up this year.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bogley BigShot
    Enjoy everyone. I will catch another one. Its still baseball season and I need so show up to the weekend tournament with my son!

Quote Originally Posted by Win View Post
    Mosquito Cove was full of campers last weekend, gate still locked but they parked and hiked in.

Win
    I'll say, not from personal experience necessarily, that it's really easy to climb over the fence into Mosquito Cove. Just sayin'.

A bit late as usual, but I'm working on getting things together. Paul -- any spots left on permits? If no, np especially since I didn't get my act together in time to register for some myself. *sigh!*. How easy is it to go to the required presentation to sign up for the Zion Express Permit thing? I'd like to do that while I'm there if possible.

Is there still any space at the group site for Sunday? Open/flexible for Saturday, either camping at that mesa or maybe a room in town (if that entices my wife to come along and I hurry).

Still many available slots on my Subway permit for Sunday. Also no problem camping at the group site that night. Not sure what we'll do on Saturday yet. Maybe some folks doing a MTB ride on Gooseberry in the AM and then taking some kids through Keyhole. I should be around on Fri, Mon and Tue as well. For grins, I picked up an Orderville permit for Mon thinking maybe Birch with an Orderville finish. Also I'm considering doing Fat Man's start to a 2 night backpack through Paranweep starting Mon. Lot's of options! I hope your wife can come too, the more the merrier.
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

Awesome, I will definitely be there, and plan to camp at the group site on Saturday. Would like to join for Subway also. Will figure out Saturday as we go along. I could probably stay and do something Monday, should know soon (depends on Kathi's schedule, if she is going, etc).

Excellent! Note, the group site used for the BBQ and available for anyone who wants to camp there is reserved for Sunday 6/19, NOT Saturday.

I think the folks doing Subway on 6/19 are:

1. Paul (me)
    2. Robin
    3. Aaron
    4. Jon (friend from Santa Cruz)
    5. Jack (Jon's son)
    6. Chere
    7. Alison
    8. Nick
    9. Erik
    10. Don
    11. Pubalz
    12. Pubalz's Daughter

PERMIT FULL
    Last edited by ststephen; 05-05-2011 at 02:11 PM. Reason: updated list
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

Looks like Kathi's family reunion is the same weekend. Fortunately I'm being allowed to escape that and come to Zion instead :) So probably I'm in for something Monday also.

I was thinking your subway plan was for the 19th...
    I need to get Kyla to make a committment to this trip, but will you add me to the subway list for the 18th? I'll likely drop out if Kyla and E are still around on the 19th but that seems unlikely at this point so I want a spot on your trip...

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Sent you a PM Don.
    Chere'

Ugh. Yes it is for 6/19 Sunday. Same day as the BBQ. I just fixed the post. Sorry. Don, I think that makes it even more likely for you to be able to attend?

Yeah, I'd like to do the subway with you on the 19th!

No reservation permits available but I'd like to do Das Boot as well. If we can get the walk-up permit it'll only be for 6 people and they will have to be on the Subway permit in order to do both. Maybe a few of us could split off, or leave earlier, and do Das Boot and meet the rest of the group at the intersection to hike the Subway together... Assuming we can get a permit, any interest?

I would be up (or down?) with splitting up. But we need to make sure we have the timing right and if folks leave the TH separately they are confident in route finding and know where to meet up with us again. Sounds doable though.

Quote Originally Posted by ststephen View Post
    I would be up (or down?) with splitting up. But we need to make sure we have the timing right and if folks leave the TH separately they are confident in route finding and know where to meet up with us again. Sounds doable though.
    The subway trail is pretty straight forward, as long as the main party can get down to where the trail enters the water they would just wait for us there. If we leave earlier we could be there waiting for them...
    Assuming we can get the walk-up permit I would guess that Aaron and Erik would want to be on the Das Boot list...?

Aaron might want to stick with his friend, we'll figure it out. We will want to start early to make sure we get back for festing at the BBQ

I'd be down for the boot.

Hey Paul If theres any subway spots left my daughter and I would like to take them,Don ill see what i can do about Das boot permits Ill stand in line if i have to i want to do Das Boot also
    Don`t be afraid your life will end be afraid it will never begin fear is the thief of all dreams...

Hi all, my friend & I are hoping to get out there but due to odd work schedules our timing will be Sun-Fri, with Sun & Fri being travel days. I'd love to meet folks, share good times around the campfire & barbeque, and share canyon time with anyone who's still around. I have a decent amount of experience & my partner is an enthusiastic newbie who wants to see what's up with all this cool slot canyon stuff I keep going on about. Greetings from MI & we hope to meet you out there,

Wayne & Laura

Quote Originally Posted by The Good Cop View Post
    Hi all, my friend & I are hoping to get out there but due to odd work schedules our timing will be Sun-Fri, with Sun & Fri being travel days. I'd love to meet folks, share good times around the campfire & barbeque, and share canyon time with anyone who's still around. I have a decent amount of experience & my partner is an enthusiastic newbie who wants to see what's up with all this cool slot canyon stuff I keep going on about. Greetings from MI & we hope to meet you out there,

Wayne & Laura
    You'll be around Sunday the 12th through Friday the 17th or Sunday the 19th through Friday the 24th?

There should still be people around Sunday the 19th and a few of us will be around for the first couple days of that week (I hope to stay through the 21st or 22nd). Hit Paul (ststephen) with a PM and I'll bet you could share the group site he has reserved for the 19th...

New people are always welcome!