Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Zion Fest June 18 & 19 2011

I hope my 3/2 wetsuit will be enough or i mite have to rent myself
    Don`t be afraid your life will end be afraid it will never begin fear is the thief of all dreams...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Pubalz View Post
    I hope my 3/2 wetsuit will be enough or i mite have to rent myself
    You're worrying about Das Boot, though. And Alison is worrying about the Subway. Alison - if you can get renting done, it would probably be worth having. Come do Keyhole with us on Saturday PM and you can rent it then.
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

Do you have any room left on your key hole permit ? Id like to do keyhole on sat. If not the permits are easy to get .
    Don`t be afraid your life will end be afraid it will never begin fear is the thief of all dreams...

Dave, yes I have open slots for Keyhole on Sat. Love to have you! I assume your daughter will join as well? We're planning to meet at the VC between 1 and 1:30PM.
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

Yes she would like to go alsoshe loves this canyoneering stuff. She has a 4/3 wetsuit i think she'll be alright we did keyhole a couple years back with on problems but it was warmer then so well see. And thanks for letting us tag along

Leaving tomorrow morning! Ending up? Somewhere. See you guys Saturday -- Paul I'll meet you at the VC 'round one or so. Well, guess it's about time to start getting my stuff together :)

Quote Originally Posted by ststephen View Post
    You'll want to bring that wood (and yourselves) on Sunday night!
    Not sure how I got to thinking it was Saturday, anywho see ya'll tomorra!!!!
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!

2008 V2K Classic LT
    2004 Toyota Tacoma
    Schwinn Homegrown
    CouchSurfing
    Patriot Guard Riders

anyone know what time the guards leave the guard station?? 7pm? as much as I'd like to support the NPS I just don't got the money. $3 for camping yes, $25 to get in... hell no, thats more than a bottle of vadka.
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

The fun has begun!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

Bo with 3 drunk ladies.... Recipe for awesomeness.

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theking648 View Post
    anyone know what time the guards leave the guard station?? 7pm? as much as I'd like to support the NPS I just don't got the money. $3 for camping yes, $25 to get in... hell no, thats more than a bottle of vadka.
    generally I see them leave at 9 pm and arrive at 7 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner View Post
    generally I see them leave at 9 pm and arrive at 7 AM.
    aww you kidding me.. don't they have a life? if I were them I probably wouldn't want to leave ether. I guess I have to find 25 buck gold digging whores

Why don't you park by the theater and walk over the foot bridge. That has got to be cheaper.
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    Why don't you park by the theater and walk over the foot bridge. That has got to be cheaper.
    i think that option is about $12. or if you have the cell phone # of someone who has paid they could come "pick you up" and use there pass.

Dave, I'm sending you a PM with my cell #. I'm happy to drive you in. Only thing is I don't know what time we'll finish Subway, nor if I'll have cell reception up there. But give it a try.

Everyone else: feel free to check in at the E001 site any time after 12. The reservation number is:
    2-15046303. I just noticed that they have the group listed as Boy Scoot Troop 654 because I last did Reserve America reservations for that troop. How funny - we're the Bogley Boy Scout Troop tomorrow! Also give my name: Paul Stevens. We're getting an early start on the Subway (TH at 7:00) so hopefully we'll be there not too late.

See you all soon!

I did some sweet talking for the extra ten bucks if I didn't have to drop 110 bucks for hosting last week, and 70 bucks for business license this week I would be doing fine. next week I should have some money rolling in.

so I'm going to have to do something nice for my poor old man... I invited him up to the BBQ, and even offered to mix him one of my special drinks again .... but he wasn't interested.

the pass is good for 7 days so I'll offer to work for him on saturday and he can take my mom to Zion. It's officially been 11 years since they have gone into the park.

so I plan on getting out of here around 3, I should be in Zion around 4:30.

see ya soon,
    Dave

Hello there all you Bogley-festers from this past canyon weekend. I would LOVE to see the photos you all got of Keyhole and Subway. Should we post links here in this thread or start a new one?

this is all I got... I love ya bo, you crazy tree monkey
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    I'm so sorry guys that I couldn't get the burgers delivered to ya!
    I wrote down Paul's (ststephen) info on a napkin and brought it down with me and someone in the car either threw it away or got stuck in the back somewhere as I couldn't find it.

I headed off actually on Saturday night, instead of Sunday so I couldn't have left them with anyone...

Next time for sure! Man, I feel so bad I missed it and everyone...

Looking forward to the reports! Btw, I think creating a new thread for each canyon, but having the participants post their pictures and posts within the same thread would be the most beneficial and organized.

PS - I'll post my TR of the Subway with my 8 noobs within a week or so. What a good time in the Subway. Most of the sand has washed away in the slot! yay. The pools by the final rappel where deep! good times!
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by abirken View Post
    Hello there all you Bogley-festers from this past canyon weekend. I would LOVE to see the photos you all got of Keyhole and Subway. Should we post links here in this thread or start a new one?
    I'd love to see the photos too. I think it would be great if they were in their own trip report so they'd come up on the first page and all, ya know? Sounds like you guys and gals had a blast.