Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Zion Fest June 18 & 19 2011

Quote Originally Posted by ststephen View Post
    Good idea to meet up Fri night. I have to drive through StG anyway on my way to Springdale. Plus it will give us a chance to think about Saturday activities. I know Aaron is still jazzed to ride Gooseberry Mesa, maybe in the morning before it gets too hot.
    My husband is bringing his bike and would love to ride Saturday am.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    rmj my understanding is that to backpack the Narrows you have to get your permit months in advanced and I think it is still closed right now anyway.

here is a link to the permits https://zionpermits.nps.gov/backcoun...m?TripTypeID=1
    Chere'

thanks for the link, i booked the last spots available for the night we need

OK, let's plan on Saturday AM biking on Gooseberry. Probably good to start early, eh? Pretty sure my friends Jon and Jack will want to ride too. We would be coming from Springdale. I think there is access to Gooseberry both from the Springdale and from Hurricane? Is the road OK from Springdale this year?

Then, if we have interest I know Aaron wanted to do Keyhole again and take Jon and Jack through it. Perhaps ride 8 or 9 to 12 or 1 and then head to Zion to do Keyhole?
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

My little brother and I will be in the Zion area June 15-17. Will anyone be there that early and potentially interested in Birch/Orderville, Behunin, or something similar?

Maybe I'll see some of you at the permit desk.

I'd love to get into das boot as I've never been thru that route into subway. I know that currently all spots are filled for the subway permit, but if ANYONE can't make it, PLEASE let me know! I'm in St. George and could easily jump on board. If there's any plans for friday or saturday, I'm also open... Hoping to meet some new canyon friends!

yo blueshade! I'd be down for Birch with or without the Orderville exit. The 17th (Fri) works for me. I have a 200' rope to throw in

Finished a report ahead of shedule, handed it to my boss and followed it with my leave request for the week of June 20th. Good to go! I'll be in Zion the 16th through the 25th!

Today I was asked at work if I could change my vacation dates for June. I politely declined.

Some things are too important to miss.
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

I'll be rolling in to Zion Tuesday 6/21. I know Don will still be there; looking forward to seeing anyone else who might be around as well. I probably won't be into anything too physical until after I send my wife and kids home Wednesday morning.

Cody

Quote Originally Posted by adamsco View Post
    I'll be rolling in to Zion Tuesday 6/21. I know Don will still be there; looking forward to seeing anyone else who might be around as well. I probably won't be into anything too physical until after I send my wife and kids home Wednesday morning.

Cody
    Bummed I will miss seeing ya! We will be long gone Monday am. Enjoy your time!

Finally broke down and bought Tom's Zion Canyoneering book today. I'm looking forward to reading it while at Army camp for the next two weeks! I'm dreading the Army camp but really looking forward to Zion next month.

Have fun playing army! We will drink a beer (or two) in your honor while gazing at the sun as it sets on the red rock of Moab. See ya in Zion.
    Chere'

Paul (or anyone) -- any info on this Gooseberry thing? Sounded like some people going to be there on Saturday? Still haven't figured out where I am camping other than Sunday night.

I see the river is running high right now, though not sure the chances it will by the time we get there? If it is -- any other kayak / whitewater types that would be interested in running the river? There are two sections, both in the III/IV range, and both of which look awesome: http://www.eddyflower.com/RunDetails...unId=266#/home (Narrows) and http://www.eddyflower.com/RunDetails...unId=266#/home (Park)

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Paul (or anyone) -- any info on this Gooseberry thing? Sounded like some people going to be there on Saturday? Still haven't figured out where I am camping other than Sunday night.

I see the river is running high right now, though not sure the chances it will by the time we get there? If it is -- any other kayak / whitewater types that would be interested in running the river? There are two sections, both in the III/IV range, and both of which look awesome: http://www.eddyflower.com/RunDetails...unId=266#/home (Narrows) and http://www.eddyflower.com/RunDetails...unId=266#/home (Park)
    But I guess if it were running we couldn't do many of the canyons in the park, so may be a river trip next time :)

UPDATE

Hey guys! Take my hubby off the Subway list. He won't be making it up at all. Work is presenting itself from every angle and he can't refuse the dinero. So I will be flying solo with my kids. Like usual.

Did I just hear an opening pop up on the Subway permit??

Quote Originally Posted by ibenick View Post
    Did I just hear an opening pop up on the Subway permit??
    Sounds like there is now one empty spot. It would be great to have you along Nick! Of course, there is still risk that it won't be open
    But, I'm optimistic that it will (just) open in time.

Alison - sorry to hear that Big Worm can't come. It's been even a little touch-and-go for me. I'm passing up on a business trip to Europe and I'll have to be on a conference call Tuesday night at midnight to 2am to present to the folks overseas. I think I'll start the presentation with a photo from the day's canyon

Quote Originally Posted by ststephen View Post

Alison - sorry to hear that Big Worm can't come. It's been even a little touch-and-go for me.
    Yea. Super bummed but I am used to it. I tend to roll solo more than I do attached. Anyhow...someones gotta stay and make the buck so momma can go play. Regarding Subways opening, is there a website to check and if so, what is the link? I was talking to Chere about that when we were in Moab last weekend. At least discussing the potential for it not to open because of runoff.

Awe so sad Alison. Glad I got to meet Big Worm in Moab. See ya soon!!!!
    Chere'