Thread: Facebook Diaper Feud Ends in Young Woman's Fatal Stabbing

Facebook Diaper Feud Ends in Young Woman's Fatal Stabbing

A teenage mother is charged with second-degree murder for allegedly stabbing her friend over a dispute about a $20 loan that escalated into a Facebook feud.

Kamisha Richards, 22, died after being stabbed in the chest with a steak knife Monday night inside an apartment in the east New York neighborhood of Brooklyn, police said.

Kayla Henriques, 18, was arrested early Tuesday and charged with second-degree murder and criminal possession of a weapon, police said.

Investigators are still trying to determine what exactly happened between the two young women, who were described as lifelong friends. Richards was dating Henriques' brother, Ramel.

Facebook
    Kamisha Richards, left, and Kayla Henriques are shown in photos from their Facebook profiles. Henriques has been charged with stabbing Richards to death after the two argued over a $20 loan, police said.

"We cannot comment on what is going on in the investigation," a New York Police Department spokeswoman told AOL News today. However, a heated exchange on Facebook offers a glimpse into a possible motive.

About three days before the stabbing, the two women had gotten into a dispute that started with a $20 loan, according to The New York Times. Richards had lent her friend the money so Henriques could buy Pampers for her 11-month-old son, but Richards became furious when she found out that Henriques had spent the cash on something else, the report said.

Over the weekend, the argument escalated via Facebook comments and text messages.

"U don't do 4no 1. ... I have no kids and I refuse 2take care of any1 elses so yeah I will be needing that $20. ... this the last time u will con me into giving u money," Richards posted at about 5:44 p.m. Sunday, according to London's Daily Mail.

Henriques replied, "Dnt try to expose me mama but I'm not tha type to thug it ova facebook see u wen u get frm wrk."

The argument continued, and at 8:52 p.m., Richards said, "Ima have the last laugh," to which Henriques replied: "We will see."

Roughly 24 hours after the last message was posted, Richards reportedly went to Henriques' apartment and confronted her about the money. The argument began in the kitchen and continued in a bedroom, where Richards was stabbed, police said.

Richards stumbled out into a hallway, where she was found by one of Henriques' relatives.

"She wasn't panicking," the relative told the New York Daily News. "She was calm. I called the ambulance and put pressure on [the wound]. I did everything I could to try to save the girl."

Responding paramedics transported Richards to Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead.

Investigators reportedly found the steak knife at the crime scene and followed a blood trail to a neighboring apartment building, where Henriques was arrested.

According to the Times, Henriques is an 11th-grader at John Adams High School. The newspaper said Richards had graduated from John Jay College in May with a degree in criminal justice. She worked as a security guard at JPMorgan Chase in Manhattan and planned to attend Brooklyn Law School.

"We are very saddened by this tragic situation, and our thoughts and prayers are with Kamisha's family and friends," JPMorgan Chase said in a statement to The Wall Street Journal. "She was an extraordinary employee who had a wonderful reputation among her colleagues, and she will be deeply missed."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement