Thread: Camping/Fishing in Tushar Mountain area?

Camping/Fishing in Tushar Mountain area?

Looking to do a loop through northern Nevada and central Utah this July with wife and young kids (8 and 5). We want to spend a few days in the Tushar Mountains, somewhere cool enough but also with decent fishing and camping (i.e. somewhere not over-used, where we can just rock up and get a site or else make a reservation). Any suggestions most welcome!!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Well that area is full of water, but most of those lakes will have a pretty good amount of people fishing them, since most of them are close to a road that any car can travel.

With young kids, you probably won't want to take the hike into some of the back country lakes (I hear the hike is somewhat of a beast).

For that time of year, I'd recommend some of the higher lakes on the mountain, such as LeBaron, Anderson Meadow, Upper and Lower Kents and others in the area.

You don't need a reservation for most of them and there should be ample room to find casting space away from any crowds. I believe you can camp right next to the water at Kent's and Andersen.

(LeBaron has arctic grayling, supposedly.)

It's an area that I'll visit this year, for sure.
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

Thanks, LOAH - much appreciated!

Puffer Lake is a nice place to hang out and fish with camping up on the creekside of the lake. There is an established campground there as well. Easy to catch fish with traditional baits and gear. You might need to look at reserving in the other campgrounds on the lakes Snag mentioned. Awesome area to go into. Three forks reservoir is just below Eagle Point Ski Resort with easy access as well.
    livinutoutdoors.com
    Don't talk unless you can improve the silence.
    The trout do not rise in the cemetery, so you better do your fishing while you are still alive. SGH

Hey offpiste, have you fished Three Creeks? It's always been a place I've looked at and wondered if they even kept enough water to hold anything.
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

Yep, but it has been a few years they do draw it down by the end of the summer but have it back up before freeze.
    livinutoutdoors.com
    Don't talk unless you can improve the silence.
    The trout do not rise in the cemetery, so you better do your fishing while you are still alive. SGH

I am with LOAH I would fish from the Kents Lakes upper towards LeBaron...awesome fishing and good camping near the lakes we try and go usually around the middle to end of July....
    Ride On !!!!
    13 Silverado CC 6.2L
    04 YFZ 450
    05 Honda 450 trx
    01 Honda 400ex
    06 KFX 400
    03 Suzuki LT80