Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bogley Trip Report Contest - Win $$$ and Free Gear

Bogley Trip Report Contest - Win $$$ and Free Gear

We are starting a few different types of Monthly Trip Report contests. For March, the winner will be the Trip Report with the most Facebook Likes shown on the bogley side (not the Facebook side).

The reward will be a $30 Amazon gift card, bogley t-shirt and sticker. We anticipate raising this $$$ amount in the next months depending on how participation goes.

Here are the rules:

The Trip Reports must:

1. Be started within the current contest month.
    2. Have the Trip Report prefix.
    3. Contain at least 1 paragraph description - @4 lines.
    4. Contain at least 5 photos and/or a video. Slideshows are included.
    5. The full report must be posted on Bogley and not link out to another site

Any other optional features like an embedded Google Map may build value to your Trip Report and help your ranking. An "Album" in the Dark Room that meets these requirements will also be eligible.

You cannot win the contest in 2 consecutive months. The winner of this month cannot participate next month, but can after that again.

The contestants will post a link to their Trip Report in this thread by midnight on the last day of the month. We will then count the number of Likes on each thread from the Bogley side as shown below.

The Like on the Facebook side is nice, but it will not build your count on bogley, and that is what matters.

You can promote your Trip Report any way you like*. Email friends, post it on your facebook wall, post it on other forums, etc.

*Except for sending Private Messages in mass... We will say this is not allowed at the moment. Your friends? Sure, but we don't want to deal with "spam PM" complaints right now.

Feel free to ask your questions here or even discuss methods of raising your Like count. Here's a video with some tips on getting more people to Like your Trip Report:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Dang; I just posted all my best Trip Reports in February.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post

Not to worry, we'll have different types of Trip Report contests coming up in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    I don't think a lack of Trip Reports will be an issue for you Scott.

Who is going to enter in this contest?

I'm already disgruntled

What are the rules and regulations for the contest and what is eligibility to participate. How I will come to know about results?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Matheo View Post
    What are the rules and regulations for the contest and what is eligibility to participate. How I will come to know about results?
    Well at least a spammer is commenting in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Well at least a spammer is commenting in this thread.

I may be dense but I don't see the Facebook option on my thread.

I'll try to get this going anyway: http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...836#post441836

Quote Originally Posted by tmartenst View Post
    I may be dense but I don't see the Facebook option on my thread.

I'll try to get this going anyway: http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...836#post441836
    It shows, maybe it's blocked at your work. It's got three Likes, mine included.

Shouldn't it be right at the top below my title? I don't see it on other TRs either. Could be my setting I suppose? Work shouldn't matter and it was the same at home. I used to see the FB there.

Name:  Untitled..jpg
Views: 616
Size:  48.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by tmartenst View Post
    Shouldn't it be right at the top below my title? I don't see it on other TRs either. Could be my setting I suppose? Work shouldn't matter and it was the same at home. I used to see the FB there.
    Ah, I think you've probably got your profile set to display the newest posts up top, rather than the common forum view of newest posts at the bottom. You can change this here in your profile settings:

http://www.bogley.com/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions

Name:  post view..png
Views: 456
Size:  24.7 KB

If you want to keep it the way it currently is, that's OK because guests by default will see the oldest first too, and this will allow the Facebook Like button to be displayed up top.

Go ahead and change that and see if it works for you. Otherwise, log out and view it as a guest, see if the Like button is there for you then.

Only one entry so far. This might be an easy win for tmartenst.

Get entered peeps. 1 week left!

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    What about my JEM TR does that one not count?
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    What about my JEM TR does that one not count?
    All the entries must be posted in this thread. Read the first post.

duh! I only read the 5 bullet-ed items. That post is too long for my attention span at work.

http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...M-and-Icehouse
    Chere'

Does the trip have to been completed in March? I've got one from November I could post.

Ok, here's my entry: [Trip Report] Central Swell Camping/Hiking

Is it lame that I liked my own thread?
    Blog | FB

No I liked mine so it will show up on my FB page. The whole point of this game is to increase traffic and TR. Someone from your friends list sees your Bogley post and they investigate. More people, more TR, more info!
    Chere'