Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Diet

New Diet

Move over Weight Watchers, there is a new way to lose weight....It's the "I can't afford to buy groceries to feed myself because I just filled my gas tank" diet.

If you don't have anything nice to say....come and sit by me.

Dana & Thane @ Couchsurfing.org

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

4 bones a gallon is on the way!!

Diesel is $3.83 right now in Logan.
    IF she isn't happy no ones happy. If she isn't happy long enough you'll unhappy with half your stuff.
    http://childbikingutah.blogspot.com/

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Glad my commute to work is walking or biking distance soon! Actually everything i need i can do without a car after we move.
    Chere'

Same here. I'm glad I only work 4 miles away. I'm trying to ride my bike more and more especially as gas rises. Yesterday we rode to work on our bikes with our softball bags. There I was rolling down the street with two bats sticking out of my pack. After work we jus rode straight to softball and then home after the games. Saved some $ so I can buy more dirt bike stuff!
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    4 bones a gallon is on the way!!
    4 bones? I'm betting on (and preparing for) 8 bones in about 5 years, half of that from a declining dollar and the other half from increasing demand.

And what are you going to do when the Chinese can afford to pay more for the American corn crop than you can?
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

So glad I get to drive to Vernal and Cedar City next week. That ought to set me back a bit. My wife is looking for an itty bitty car right now due to gas prices. Don't want to get caught with only a Tundra and Sequoia at $4 a gallon.
    Life is Good

Bring on the $4/gallon gas! It helps keep more people out of the deserts and mountains!
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | Anasazi Photography

Name:  gas prices..jpg
Views: 332
Size:  74.3 KB
    If you don't have anything nice to say....come and sit by me.

Dana & Thane @ Couchsurfing.org

13. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    can't wait to see the gas prices in Death Valley for the first time...
    I guess I will be a little bit shocked

Yvonne,

Are you headed to Death Valley? Amazing, amazing place.

Gas at the fuel station at Stovepipe Wells is kinda expensive. However, Beatty is very reasonable. If you are headed there via Pahrump, I believe there's a gas station at Amargosa Valley.

Arindam

Quote Originally Posted by arindam View Post
    Yvonne,

Are you headed to Death Valley? Amazing, amazing place.

Gas at the fuel station at Stovepipe Wells is kinda expensive. However, Beatty is very reasonable. If you are headed there via Pahrump, I believe there's a gas station at Amargosa Valley.

Arindam
    Yeah, I'm heading to the Valley. Will spent my Spring Break in the Park again and do some camping, hiking and photography.
    I'm coming via Beatty because of the Rhyolite townsite, so I will fill up in Beatty.
    But compared to the prizes two years ago it will be kind of shocking.

I like that gas is going up. Now I can buy a pickup truck for cheap. It also means job security. BTW, this has nothing to do with supply or demand. This is totally based on speculation and "fears."
    Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

Quote Originally Posted by James 007 View Post
    Really this is excellent details i like this actually i was in looking for this details and considering to create a line for this but i have no need to create any line after study out this details anyways thanks for this and have a awesome day

^^^Yeah...what he said.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

http://www.salon.com/2014/02/10/prof...ic_fuel_leaks/

Profiting off polluting: How Big Oil is defrauding states to clean up toxic fuel leaks

Oil companies are being paid twice to deal with their own messes

Lindsay Abrams Follow

Topics: Big Oil, Fraud, clean water, oil spill, Aquifers, Chevron, Sustainability News, Business News
    (Credit: CoolKengzz/Shutterstock)
    To anyone who drinks water, the rusted, leaky underground tanks storing underground fuel are the “single largest threat” to its safety. To major oil companies, they’re an opportunity to profit.
    Reuters has an exclusive report on the despicable fraud being carried out by Big Oil. Call it “double-dipping”: When toxic, potentially carcinogenic leaks of gas and diesel threaten aquifers, the companies accept government funds to clean it up. Then, they apply for a second payout from the insurance companies. And all the big guys, it seems, are going for it: Chevron, Exxon, ConocoPhillips and Sunoco have agreed to settlements over the past three years totaling over $105 million.
    “When I first saw these cases, I thought this is kind of incredible,” said New Mexico assistant attorney general Seth Cohen said. “The oil companies have, in effect, profited off polluting.”
    Here’s more from Reuters on the widespread fraud and the dream team working to expose it:

advertisement

Approximately 40 states and the District of Columbia have special funds to cover the costs of removing and replacing the old tanks, excavating tainted dirt and pumping out dirty groundwater.
    Since 1988, there have been more than half a million leaky tanks reported across the country. Nearly 80,000 spills still are waiting to be cleaned up.
    In the New Mexico settlement last September, court documents show the origin of the case against Chevron was a sealed lawsuit filed by [Thomas] Schruben and [Dennis] Pantazis’ team in 2009 under a state law designed to protect taxpayers from fraud.
    One document from 2006, for example, shows Chevron received a check for $19,000 from the state to clean up and monitor a leak at a gas station in the small, southern New Mexico town of Artesia. On the application to receive money from the tank fund, the company checked “No” next to the question: “Do you have insurance?”
    The lawsuit accused Chevron of receiving insurance payouts to deal with many kinds of environmental contamination, including policies that would have covered leaks at the gas station in Artesia – a fact it kept hidden from the state.
    About 20 more cases across the country are currently pending.
    None of the companies, of course, have admitted to having done any of this wittingly. Those who have settled out of court did so on good faith that they simply didn’t realize they had applied twice for clean-up funds. As Reuters points out, the millions paid out in settlements are practically nothing for them. But for cash-strapped states, they’re a major something.

Lindsay Abrams is an assistant editor at Salon, focusing on all things sustainable. Follow her on Twitter @readingirl, email labrams@salon.com.
    Follow
    More Lindsay Abrams.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by James 007 View Post
    Really this is excellent details i like this actually i was in looking for this details and considering to create a line for this but i have no need to create any line after study out this details anyways thanks for this and have a awesome day
    This guy makes more sense than hank....
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Enviro-reporting from the assistant editor for salon magazine. Lolz.