Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BYU Basketball & Brandon Davies

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    You really don't understand the honor code and BYU... you don't get in trouble for breaking the honor code.... you get in trouble for getting caught breaking the honor code. Do you really believe all those young men and women are abstaining? If so I got a bridge to sell you...
    No, I'm not that naive to think partying and sex isn't happening at BYU...I went to Notre Dame, which also had a "Code of Conduct" which we did not sign...there was plenty of partying, and while I was there, ND got rid of a running back for a sex violation of the code, and this guy was a favorite to win the Heisman Trophy the following year (ND won the national championship the next year without him)....

My Point is this....why would a big shot high school athlete go to BYU when there are many other schools to choose from where partying and sex would not really be a problem if caught? Having sex at USC, Boise, Cal, Bama, Miami, etc would not get you thrown off the team if caught, so why even go to BYU? Heck, when Bill McCartney was coach at Colorado, his daughter had babies to two DIFFERENT football players coached by her dad....
    The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right. (Mark Twain)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

This was one of the articles on the front page of Drudge today.

Description on Drudge:
    "Mormon college basketball star kicked off team -- for having sex... Says sorry..."
    Actual Articel:
    http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/cougars...esday.html.csp
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

I feel badly for the guy because his mistake is frontpage news. That sucks.

However, if you don't like BYU's honorcode, you should go someplace else. I wish this guy all the best, and my heart goes out to him. But I actually respect that BYU is not selling out and holding to its principles. I also really respect that his teammates don't be grudge him at all.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Kid View Post
    My Point is this....why would a big shot high school athlete go to BYU when there are many other schools to choose from where partying and sex would not really be a problem if caught?
    He simply made a mistake. The kid grew up LDS, lived in Provo, Utah and attend Provo High school. Center of all the madness...

Check out his google results. Yikes... http://www.google.com/search?q=brandon+daviesa

Well....should BYU make an early exit from the NCAA tourney, there is always the Jimmerluge to look forward to:

Name:  Jimmer..jpg
Views: 169
Size:  47.2 KB
    The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right. (Mark Twain)

What the.....
    Life is Good

Name:  mormon_adp..png
Views: 217
Size:  382.0 KB
    How can you have your non-dairy pudding substitute if you don't eat your wok-braised tofu?