Thread: Desolation-Gray

Desolation-Gray

Well...I didn't draw out on The Salt, couldn't launch tomorrow with Rich on The Grand, and don't know whats up for The Salmon, Gates of Ladore or Yampa, but I'm still looking for The Dirty Devil in a month or so. I did get a spot on a July 22nd launch on Desolation-Gray with Jack, OC and a whole lot of other Old Timers though! It'll be cool to celebrate my 55th birthday with such a diverse, experienced group of old time river runners!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bogley BigShot
    Is this a Bo post or our Russian friends?

You are becoming a river rat Bo!

Quote Originally Posted by tanya View Post
    Is this a Bo post or our Russian friends?

You are becoming a river rat Bo!
    You know Tanya....it's sure an easy way to access some pretty cool country, get a good dose of endorfins, be with some pretty awesome folks, eat like a king, actually see stars at night, forget about trivialities, unwind with some good drink and friends without putting others at risk, learn about history, hear some pretty great tales and have FUN at the same time! No...I'll never be a river rat, but I'll sure have some great memories to take to my grave.

Bogley BigShot
    Oh yeah! When I went with you it was awesome! Trip of a lifetime! Maybe OC will actually let you in that Dory this time.

lot to be said for not having a pack on your back.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Beck View Post
    You know Tanya....it's sure an easy way to access some pretty cool country, get a good dose of endorfins, be with some pretty awesome folks, eat like a king, actually see stars at night, forget about trivialities, unwind with some good drink and friends without putting others at risk, learn about history, hear some pretty great tales and have FUN at the same time! No...I'll never be a river rat, but I'll sure have some great memories to take to my grave.
    I like everything you said here Bo! Spot on.
    Chere'

Very cool Bo, Deso is a great and relaxing canyon. Especially if you are going with good folks. End of July is nasty for bugs, so make sure to bring the body nets, at the minimum a head net.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Very cool Bo, Deso is a great and relaxing canyon. Especially if you are going with good folks. End of July is nasty for bugs, so make sure to bring the body nets, at the minimum a head net.
    Thanks Alex! I had heard from others that the bugs can be nasty around this time of year too. I look forward to another trip on the River! What do you have lined up for the "River Season"?

Got May 26th Deso, Lodore (pre season, so might not be enough water) and a couple of Green below the dam and WW. I came empty handed on all my lottery apps this year, totally pissed about that. All Idaho lotteries I applied for got denied, so did high season Yampa.

Everyone is invited to join our April 22 Deso trip. (Bring your own boat.)