Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunday Morning Fun

It is time for one of my favorite things to do in the word. I get to make breakfast in bed for my beautiful wife Kimberly.

Strawberry french toast, hot strawberry pastry, honey ham and strawberries and of course the customary dozen roses and candlelight.

I do have one dilema though. Since beautiful Kimberly has breakfast in bed and flowers every week (and she so deserves it), how am I ever going to surprise her on the upcoming Valentines day?

Saw this and thought it would interest you
    Thanks much. I actually did do this one. See the post from August 21 2011.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I asked lovely Kimberly if she had any request for this week's breakfast in bed. She ased for oatmeal. My first throught was "how can I make outmeal romantic for her". I hope I succeeded. I sure love wonderful Kimberly.

I attempted to roll heart shaped cinnamon rolls, but they unravel as they cook (even if you straighten them half way through cooking). One day I'll figure it out. I also made some sausage patties.

To stir things up, I brought her carnations this week, rather than the usual roses. The single rose and tulip are from our date last night.
    I sure love my wife. I am a lucky, lucky, lucky husband. Beautiful Kimberly does so much for me.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Uh yeah, it's a course for the rest of us...

What language are you speaking where "course" means "gagfest" ?

9. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Well, it's Sunday morning again and that means that I get to make breakfast in bed for beautiful, wonderful Kimberly. It's my favorite weekly tradition.

I spent a long time on the boiled eggs (trying a different shaping method than before), but I think it's time to go back to the drawing board. One of these days I'll figure out how to get them perfectly heart shaped.

Try poaching them in a heart-shaped cookie cutter.

<Homer Simpson> Poached eggs...Hmmmmm.. drool </Homer Simpson>

Try poaching them in a heart-shaped cookie cutter.
    I've done that quite a bit. Poached, fried, omlets and even scrambled eggs are easy to make heart-shaped, but boiled eggs are challenging.

The method in a previous post works pretty good, but the egg slowly returns to it's original shape over time, though the yolks stay heart shaped. I tried to make a mold of sorts, which kind of works, but the yolks don't turn out heart shaped. Same with plastic type molds. I'll keep working on it and get it down sometime.

It's Sunday morning again and time for my favorite weekly hobby. I get to make breakfast in bed for beautiful Kimberly!!

Here is this morning's breakfast.

I like that one. It is clever.
    Life is Good

Sunday morning, so time for wonderful Kimberly's weekly breakfast in bed. I actually slept until 7 am (!) this morning so it wasn't anything super fancy or creative.

Bacon, green pepper and cheese omlets and lots of strawberries. I sure love my beautiful wife!

That looks nice Scott. But I got Darth Vader pancakes. Maybe you should try that!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    If you don't have anything nice to say....come and sit by me.

Dana & Thane @ Couchsurfing.org

17. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    I made the mistake of stumbling onto this discussion with my wife next to me. Scott, you need another woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    Sunday morning, so time for wonderful Kimberly's weekly breakfast in bed. I actually slept until 7 am (!) this morning so it wasn't anything super fancy or creative.

Bacon, green pepper and cheese omlets and lots of strawberries. I sure love my beautiful wife!

Just by chance??? You aren't applying for a position on the "infamous" Loveboat as head-chef are you? Dude!!!! "WORD"!!!!!!

20. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    Bogley BigShot
    I give my vote for Kimberly as the luckiest woman on the planet!!!!!!

Remember that thread about how great the guys are that are not high testosterone? Scott is the perfect example! Manly, outdoorsy and still the idea of a woman's perfect man!

I am smiling all over and this is not even for me!

I think Scott is just making sure that he will be well cares for later in life as us women tend to live longer. :-)
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

Time for my favorite weekly morning activity. I get to make breakfast in bed for wonderful Kimberly. I finally got the heart shaped boiled eggs down. Blueberry scones, oatmeal and watermelon was the rest. I sure love my beautiful wife and am so lucky to have her!

I give my vote for Kimberly as the luckiest woman on the planet!!!!!!
    I think that anyone who knows us both would say that I am the lucky one.

I think Scott is just making sure that he will be well cares for later in life
    as us women tend to live longer.
    I sincerly hope so. It may be unlikely though, since she has a heart condition. You can read a little on it below:

http://www.summitpost.org/love-bombs...-shasta/698612

She'll still live a long time though and I'm sure we'll still be rockin' into an old ripe age.

Bogley BigShot

Man of the YEAR VOTE!