Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this website new?

Is this website new?

Great website I found on google. Whose website is this??? Is it new?

http://www.zioncanyoneering.com/index.html

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Registered to: Brent Blaylock - who ever that is?

First time I've noticed the site. I'm not seeing anything new. Just the same old stuff presented in a shiny new package, but it is a nice package.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I only know one guy who calls Dick's canyon, Pidgeon Poop

Who's that? I know Shaun calls it Pigeon Poop.

***Note: Out of respect, some canyons will not contain information on their location. They are listed to prove that there are still many unnamed, secret, and never before decscended canyons in the Zion area.
    Actually the reason they are listed is to prove that someone is an insider and knows where the bodies are buried. All the "no location given" canyons listed are Kip's stuff.

Bogley BigShot
    Shaun would have used Bo's and my trail report for Zion Narrows! His photo is there. They are on Facebook. I just asked them. They seem to link to a few selections (that everyone can access) for each canyon rather than write one up. I can't see Kip listing his canyons. He likes to keep them unknown. It's a good idea. I like it. I was going to link to the other trail reports out there too as I am updating my Zion site. They link to ZAC a lot?

They have Stefans site listed. Hmmmm.... know those on the chat groups well too.

This is a really off the wall guess but..... @jman
    He is so productive and does love the canyons and web stuff

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    I have nothing to do with this site. Don't now who these guys are.

I have noticed they have taken pictures from shane and tanya. Did they get your permission?

Example these are on their website for Red Hollow but I believe these are Shane's pictures.

edit: when you hover over the pic it may list a source. for example these may say "climb-utah.com"

I have now found pictures of mine used without permission

edit: source isn't me. looks like he got the pics from a canyon partner of mine.

Bogley BigShot
    Where are my pictures they are using? I could only find the ones linked from their FB page. I am assuming those are yours?

That's not cool without a link back! I did not look through the photos. That would not be jman then.

We can search

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/index.jsp
    Current Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC. IP Address: 97.74.215.129

Registrant:
    Brent Blaylock

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: ZIONCANYONEERING.COM

Who is Brent Blaylock?

http://www.facebook.com/#!/brent.blaylock

I have to guess this is him since he and I have 3 mutual friends: Todd Martin, Bret Boyce, Rich Carlson

Worked for Zion Adventure Company

Looks like he did these site too.
    http://azoutingclub.com/trips.html

http://www.arizonacanyoneering.com/

http://azadventurer.com/arizonacanyons.html

He is now my FB friend. ;)

He is at ASU in computer programing.

Just curious. I would like to get a link to my site from this new site, but I would like to know who I am contacting.

Bogley BigShot
    Go to their facebook page

Blog Entries
    Not me, sorry to disappoint.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

looks like links are being provided under Route Descriptions and Trip Reports. not sure if all the time. perhpas the photos could be given better credit back to the source.

edit: when you hover over the pic it may list a source.
    my pics don't credit to me.

Bogley BigShot
    You must be busy on all your other projects.

Tanya you may want to request a link for the thunderbird under lodging since they do use and link to your beta website. their hotels and motels link goes to your competitors in springdale.

Bogley BigShot
    Will do! And for the Zion Narrows trip report

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerhirshfeld View Post
    Just curious. I would like to get a link to my site from this new site, but I would like to know who I am contacting.
    What is your new site? You should put it on your signature line.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    First time I've noticed the site. I'm not seeing anything new. Just the same old stuff presented in a shiny new package, but it is a nice package.
    it's like the huffington post of canyon beta. shiny site with a quick snap shot of beta & pics with a link where it came from.

Hey everyone!

Just want to introduce myself since I just registered on Bogley and I'm the one who created ZionCanyoneering.com My name is Brent and I've been canyoneering for probably just over 5 years. As stated above I do own and operate those other sites, am a student at ASU, used to work for a couple summers at ZAC, as well as FB friends with Tanya now :)

This might become sort of a long post so I do apologize now, but I just want to explain how my site works and also try to make it better for the entire canyoneering community. First off, like everyone else I'm sure, I have a long list of links in my favorites for Zion canyoneering and sometimes it just takes forever to find the particular blog post I thought was cool about one canyon or the sweet trip report about another, or even the one that has the really good beta. So as a wintertime project a few months ago I decided to do something with the zioncanyoneering.com domain I had bought awhile ago. My thinking was the site would be helpful especially for those sort of new to canyoneering or at least in Zion and would list the links to the trip reports and route descriptions that I thought were some of the best ones on the Internet, or at least the ones I knew of and used.

I'm sure just about everyone here could write a better trip report or description on a canyon than me. So I actually want people to just visit my site to start with and actually navigate away from it to these other sites. So essentially I guess you could say that my site is sort of like my browser favorites anyway but in a shiny new package like Iceaxe says. I'll be honest too that most of the canyoneering websites out there are pretty boring in the sense of their user interface so I just wanted to start to add a new dimension to canyoneering online that I guess was a little more "trendy-looking" maybe?

But, anyways as for the canyons that are listed. Many are already well published and dont need to be explained. Others I found through trip reports available online and thought that some people would like to read about them. I'm not one to post locations of canyons people want to keep secret or encourage poaching at all! But I know some have heard of certain canyons before and might just want to know some more information. If I've listed the location to a canyon that you discovered and do not want available then please let me know and I'd be happy to take the location off. I will pretty much keep all canyon names on the site though, but have no problem not listing certain info on some of the canyons.

As for pictures. Yes, I did use some pictures that weren't mine and I tried to give credit to each picture through a title tag when you hover over each image. I actually didn't mean to keep them up that long because I know they are NOT mine. Like I said it was a wintertime project before the semester started again to get the site up and running and a chance for me to practice my web development skills so I was just trying to run some testing on my database and needed some content to use and then realized school got in the way so I sort of forgot about the site. So I will actually be taking down all images that are not mine or that I haven't received prior permission for. I'm terribly sorry if I offended anyone by posting their images, but if you would like your images up on the site definitely let me know! Like I said before the links that are there I feel are worth people's while to use and I want to direct them away from my site and to these other ones because that's where they'll actually get the information they need and my site is a glorified favorites list.

I'm open to comments, suggestions, concerns, constructive-criticisms, or even just criticisms

If you read my post all the way to this point then I guess you were interested in what I had to say, so thanks! :)

Oh forgot to mention! Tyler asked to put his guide service on the site, Canyon Country Guides, so I already did here under Guide Services: zioncanyoneering.com/contacts.html