Thread: Looking for a trail

Looking for a trail

Heya folks... A while back, a guy I knew told me about a trail that was in the Kaysville area that led to a couple of waterfalls. I have since forgotten his directions on getting there. Anybody know what I'm talkin about and can refresh my memory?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

That's the one. Thanks, blue. Any idea how long that trek is?

EDITED TO ADD: Nevermind. :) Found the info I was looking for.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Nope never made that hike. We always do waterfall canyon and my kids move like snails so it takes FOREVER. Always wanted to hike Adams Canyon. Who knows maybe this summer.
    Chere'

It's about 3 miles each way with the first half out in the hot sun if it's spring or summer.

Last time I hiked it I ran the better part of the last mile because the friends I was with were tired and content with the lower falls. It's kind of steep and good for turning ankles at that kind of pace and pretty crowded on good hiking days too.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

I did this hike last fall and according to my GPS we went 3.73 mi round trip. Maybe I only went to the first falls? Here's a thread where I posted some pics I took.

http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...5-Adams-Canyon

The second to last picture is the falls we stopped at.

That's the upper falls alright. Guess it's just shy of 2 miles each way. I was going from hearsay instead of carrying a GPS.

I limit myself to one gadget on short day hikes and needed the cell to make sure I found the friends I went hiking with instead of the GPS. I didn't even carry a camera, just water, a snack, and some sandals to keep the light hikers dry.

Heresy in this day and age not to be dragging along a cell phone, an mp3 player, a GPS, and a camera all at the same time. Isn't it?
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

Quote Originally Posted by cachehiker View Post
    Heresy in this day and age not to be dragging along a cell phone, an mp3 player, a GPS, and a camera all at the same time. Isn't it?
    True enough! The good thing about technology though is that now you can have all of those things in one unit! Granted the cameras in phones are not very good yet...